High end wrist computer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't like air integrated so...my choice is the Suunto Stinger, Titanium.

I agree with Catherine every air integrated computer I have owned some time during their life I had problems with them. The Suunto Stinger is a very good one very dependable.

Dale
On a little rock in the Pacific

I have the Vytec with the hoseless AI, but, I also have a standard SPG and would never dive without it.

I used VR3 C4 useful friendly multigas computer...
if you interested PM me...We are Delta P dealer in Hong Kong

Why do you "have to" buy a computer this week? Honestly, if you don't have the time and/or motivation to at least search through some threads to learn more about the various computers, then you should just rent something or buy the cheapest used dive computer you can find until you can make an informed decision.

Everyone's just going to say "this is what I use, it's great..." or something to that effect. There's a huge difference in the way different computers calculate decompression, and you at least should learn something about that before you buy one. Unless, of course, what you want is just to jump in the water with a computer that someone else told you to buy, and do what it tells you to do without really understanding the deco theory that can hopefully keep your diving safe and enjoyable.

Hey buddy, how you been. You are a busy shopper aren't you? The vr3 is without a doubt the best "ultimate" computer on the market. You can buy it as a nitrox computer and use it as a new diver or you can uprade it as you progress to a full trimix, rebreather computer. It does everything you could ever need, even function as a nitrox analyzer for blending gas. It is expensive but worth it. I have been thinking about bringing them into the store. If you are interested in one PM me and let me see if I can help. I need to purchase two initially so one for me and one for you might work to help us both out.

Brent

Great post mattboy..

Just curious what dive computer you use? and if you would be so kind to explain to me in detail how different computers calculate decompression in detail Plz.

Much appreciated.

I use an aeris atmos, which is a liberal computer. I bought it after doing a fair amount of reading. There's an old scubadiving mag article which directly compares most of the algorithms.
http://dive.scubadiving.com/images/200408GR_computer_charts.gif

Then there are a multitude of threads on this forum about liberal vs conservative computers. The thing that made the difference for me was seeing how differently these computers interpret dive data; interestingly, no one computer has been shown to be safer than any other, despite the wide differences in algorithms. What happened to me was I bought a liberal computer but began to dive more conservatively; being very careful about bounce profiles, ascent rate, and taking the NDL readout with a grain of salt, instead focusing more on elapsed dive time, depth, and overall profile. Plus, the more you learn about what things are associated with DCS, the better equipped you are to prevent it in your own diving; this is true regardless of the computer you use. As a new diver, if you're diving single tanks (typically AL80 or something close to that) the greatest DCS risk almost certainly comes from factors like dehydration, rapid ascents, poor buoyancy control, other physiological issues, etc.. than from blowing NDL limits. The most important part of the computer for a new diver IMO is the ascent rate alarm; because keeping your eyes on that asccent rate indicator can help to train you to control your ascents.

If I were going to dive planned deco, or even come close to deco limits (larger tank, for example) I'd probably get a different computer that's designed for planned deco, and I would definitely learn alot more about deco theory.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom