High end wrist computer!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

High end (to me) frequently means "more than I will ever need or use." I say buy what you will need for the next few years and spend your money on diving. You can always buy "high end" in a few more years when you may or may not need it. At that point, you can sell your basic computer on ebay for almost what you bought it for and then turn around and buy "high end" and it will likely make what is now known as high end look basic. Moreover, when you do start diving tech, you will probably be taught to use tables and be told to turn you high end computer into a $100 bottom timer. Have fun with whatever you choose! JMHO's.

After using a Scuba Pro Extender, I absolutely love my Suunto D6. If you need AI spring for the D9. The Suunto is easy to read, and it's my fave computer so far. I use a Cobra on my consol and the D6 on my wrist. Can you say redundant,redundant? Good luck.

H - the IslandCowgirl

Cochran makes an air integrated computer that attaches to your tank/hose, with a wrist console, that also acts as a backup computer.

Basically the wrist just displays what the "Black Box" tells it to, but if the black box wigs out, the wrist computer automatically converts to it's own self contained dive computer with the same setting as the black box. 2 computers, 1 display.

The specs on their plain wrist computers is far and above what even most TEC divers will ever need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom