HOLLIS. Advanced Dive Gear with No Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was PRISM early in the 90s when it was prototype SCRs, named for the guys brainstorming it, Pete Readey, Iain Middlebrook and Stuart (Clough - remember him from the Phibian? :wink: )

PRISM II were the early CCR prototypes (shown in the Cochran PRISM II pictures)

PRISM Topaz has been used since the prototypes/pre-production models after that. About a decade ago or so, the prototypes of the Readey/Carleton time shown at DEMA Parties back then had the Topaz logo on the head. And the Topaz is in the 2nd generation, the first had the horseshoe shaped head and the smaller 5.4 lbs scrubber.

So Joe has a point, it does seem to be a bit odd to pick the name of a more than a decade old prototype of a failed collaboration with Cochran.

It was PRISM early in the 90s when it was prototype SCRs, named for the guys brainstorming it, Pete Readey, Iain Middlebrook and Stuart (Clough - remember him from the Phibian? :wink: )

PRISM II were the early CCR prototypes (shown in the Cochran PRISM II pictures)

PRISM Topaz has been used since the prototypes/pre-production models after that. About a decade ago or so, the prototypes of the Readey/Carleton time shown at DEMA Parties back then had the Topaz logo on the head. And the Topaz is in the 2nd generation, the first had the horseshoe shaped head and the smaller 5.4 lbs scrubber.

So Joe has a point, it does seem to be a bit odd to pick the name of a more than a decade old prototype of a failed collaboration with Cochran.

Caveseeker,

Comments appreciated as always.

I suggest stopping by the Prism 2 seminar at Dema held by Peter. Friday 11/2 from 10:30-12:00 in room S220E at the convention center. PM me and i can reserve you a seat.

Regards

Much appreciated, Nick, but I'll be at work in the office.
X-mas time is coming up, lots of ads and brochures to do I'm afraid.
Am looking forward to info on the new rebreather being released though.
Have a successful show. :D

It looks like they have a scooter as well...

Anyone has some more info on the scooter...

Great.. We have more options to choose..

Much appreciated, Nick, but I'll be at work in the office.
X-mas time is coming up, lots of ads and brochures to do I'm afraid.
Am looking forward to info on the new rebreather being released though.
Have a successful show. :D

After everything is released, i will be sure and forward you as much info as possible:wink:.

Thanks for the support.

Regards,

Don't want to seem as impatient as I am, but DEMA opened, cat's out of the bag.
That tiny picture on the website doesn't quite suffice.
Info about unit, training, maybe some larger images, all needed rather badly. :eyebrow:

Don't want to seem as impatient as I am, but DEMA opened, cat's out of the bag.
That tiny picture on the website doesn't quite suffice.
Info about unit, training, maybe some larger images, all needed rather badly. :eyebrow:

My apologies. The website arrival was far from a "Grand" opening. However, more detailed images and descriptions are being uploaded to the site after we get back from Dema.

Until then, here is a small bit of info. The H160 (NiMh version) will be available now and our H320 (LiPo version) later this year. It will have the same shroud and prop assembly seen on the Oceanic Mako, in addition to a "similar" motor design with a higher torque capability. The big difference between the two vehicles is the battery.

Some features that have generated some big interest have been the built in 3x3 LED light (or "laser beam" as some might call it) :D, the lack of snaps on the outside to open or close the unit, and also the overall simplicity. There is no need for tools to dissasemble or change the battery between dives, or to open and close the unit. By simply unscrewing the front knob, the shell removes over the double o-ring seal and therefore exposing the internals. Battery, Electronics, and Motor are individually sealed to ensure maximum reliability and/or minimum damage in the case of possible water entry. To clean, simply remove the shell, and blow with compressed air or clean with fresh water.

All parts on both vehicles are CNC machined except for the handle and rear assembly which are molded plastic.

Training will be discussed soon. Great question!

Retail pricing on the H160 is $3750.00 (with 3x3 light option, battery, charger and tow kit)

Hope this helps until those web guys get in gear.

Thanks,

Sounds good. I think ... I was thinking about the PRISM 2, not the scooter and light. :biggrin3:

Sounds good. I think ... I was thinking about the PRISM 2, not the scooter and light. :biggrin3:

Caveseeker,

I have some great images of the Prism 2, however, they are all tif files(very large) and take forever to reformat. I will try and have someone take some pics tomorrow at the show to post on here.

As far as specs, i can send that at the same time. Training info will come soon, as we are now establishing training programs and facilities.

More soon,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom