HOLLIS. Advanced Dive Gear with No Limits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any update or pics from the show yet for the Prism 2 Rebreather??? How will this compare to the new poseidon rebreather?

It'll smack the crap out of the new Poseidon rebreather. Check out rebreatherworld.com if you're not already a member there. There has been A LOT of talk about the new Poseidon, and the general concensus is that everyone is very dissapointed with it. Tons of details there, so I won't get into it here.

Any update or pics from the show yet for the Prism 2 Rebreather??? How will this compare to the new poseidon rebreather?
Pictures of both have been posted at Rebreather World.

The units are way different, the Disco doesn't offer any manual control to the diver, just the possibility to bail out to OC via the BOV (nice thing, though, the deco computer automatically switches from pO2 to fO2 at that time). Also, that unit is strictly recreational, nitrox only.

If Hollis' "no limits", as well as the PRISM Topaz' architecture are an indication, the PRISM 2 will not have such restrictions.

I think I'll start a separate thread here about the PRISM 2 CCR, should be worthwhile.

I got a tour of the Prism II from one of it's principle designers: Peter Readey. It was definitely designed with a number of redundant features. I was definitely interested in this as it is an "ANY DEPTH" rebreather.

The Poseidon rebreather is NOT designed for the tech community. Comparing Hollis' rig to that one is like comparing the Shuttle to a Piper Cub.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom