Hollis DG05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are the differences between the DG05 and the VRx? I can't see any on the spec sheets but with the VRx costing $500 more (at least in the US) I'm assuing there has to be something. Is it just the premium for the DeltaP name?

Will Hollis be able to service/repair the DG05 independent from DeltaP? I have not yet dealt with Hollis on service/repair issues, but my experience with DeltaP has been horrible.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Are you comparing prices between the DGO5 & the VRX OLED, or the original VRX.

PS. The only reason I originally mentioned anything about Delta P products, was to give the OP another possible source of info on the algo & machine, as the original VRX has been round for a while now.

I had my Hollis DG05 in Cozumel for the past 2 weeks...It worked great...my only complaint is, it is hard to see in the warm day time waters of Cozumel.

Im looking forward to using it in the NW...

I had my Hollis DG05 in Cozumel for the past 2 weeks...It worked great...my only complaint is, it is hard to see in the warm day time waters of Cozumel.

Im looking forward to using it in the NW...

Thanks.....This is EXACTLY the kind of feedback I was looking for. It will be interesting to see if the issue you had regarding visibility of the display is shared by others. My understanding is that OLED is supposed to minimize the type of problem you had.

Hi,
we just got our sample :wink:

dg05_20020210.jpg

Now we can finally start working on the class.

And, of course, I HAVE to test it too :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hi,
we just got our sample :wink:

Now we can finally start working on the class.

And, of course, I HAVE to test it too :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Thanks Alberto. I'm already on your email distro list, so I'll kick back and wait until I hear that the DG05 eDiving class is done. :handball:

Used my New Personal DG 05 yesterday in the pool for the first time ....with transmitter. The pairing was easy to the transmitter, the screen was easy to read and understand ...You must read the manual thoroughly. Very involved and not for a beginner diver. This computer does a lot and has lot's of abbreviations and icons that need to be recognized. Set up Screen is easy and once you learn the flow of it I liked it. BEING A TYPICAL MALE, who doesn't ask for directions or read manuals I had to swallow a few minutes of frustration...my own fault. Ten gases, Closed Circuit compatible, I like diving hoseless so it was great finally have a computer than was oled and hoseless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom