Hoping to go to Roatan!!! Lots of questions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SoSiouxme:
goofygirl:
Hi everyone! Thanks for the great advice and info, keep it coming!

A few more questions...
We're planning on using miles to take care of our airfare. Unfortunately our miles are with AA and they don't fly to Roatan, so we were thinking of using them to fly into San Pedro Sula (AA does fly into there) and then paying for an inter-island flight to Roatan. Has anyone ever done this before? Does it make sense? Do you know the name of the inter-island airline or how we would go about booking this?

I use AA miles to get to Roatan from California. Taca is a partner of AA - so you can use your miles to get straight to Roatan - no inter-island puddle jumper required.

Call AA and tell them you are going to Roatan. I used my AA Air miles and they were able to get me all the way to Roatan because they Code Share with TACA. Just call them and talk to them. You cannot do this in the internet, only by calling. I flew from San Diego, CA.

JoAnn

goofygirl:
Thank you all for your help and info! Unfortunately there was no availability for the dates of our vacation. :( We won't be going to Roatan afterall.

So now I'm headed over to the Mexico board to try to get some info about Akumal! :D

Hello,

I realize I came into this late so I may have missed why you say no dates are available, but if this is because of air then I missed that...sorry. However, we stayed at a very beautiful 2 bedroom 2 bath full condominium with a private plunge pool and many other amenities for 10 nights at the end of April. The price for this private beautiful place was $100 per night including taxes. we also chose to rent a car for the entire time. We found the local beer distributor, (salva vida) in which the prices were extremely reasonable, we were able to spend sunsets with some retirees that did not look to be retirees that are now permantently living there and received a wealth of info. With being approx. 5 miles from town it did not matter to us as we could make our choice of going out or staying in knowing we would completely enjoy the laid back atmosphere. To think that you will miss this wonderful experience because you are limiting you stay to resorts saddens me. At this time I do not want to disclose the place we stayed at because I have not booked our 2 week reservation yet which is at the end of April. Other than the diving and the island reminding me of Maui, I absolutely loved that "main" street was sand and I loved waliking it after "happy hour" barefoot. I can feel myself there as I type. Good luck with your plans! Wendy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom