hose configuration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Route the 5' as has been already described here. Route the pony hose along the tanks between the tanks and your BC. Bring it over your primary tank over your right shoulder and to a bungie. The 5' hose will be routed around your neck after you bungie the pony hose so there is no interference when donating. I don't dive this configuration, but it's similar to if you were diving doubles. The bungied reg comes off the left post. The only difference is your pony is upside down, so you have to route the hose up that way. I'm guessing you'll need a 4-5' hose for the pony. You might need to get a custom length. If so, check out TDL. They can custom your hoses.

but the thing is i also want to be able to donate the ENTIRE pony set-up.

and i dont want either donation to interfere with the other
i dont want the main reg routeing to interfere with donating the entire pony and the reg on it
i dont want the pony routing to interfere with donating the main reg and switching to the intergrated inflator.

would it be ok if i routed the primary like shown in the picture in the link and had the pony reg and the hose under the main hose?

if i wanted to donate the pony and reg thats attatched to it it shouldnt snag on my primarys hose right?

Ask in the PSD forum. Some of the divers there dive with ponies that can be donated and might be able to help you with hose routing.

But why would you want to be able to share air and donate a pony? Keep things simple. First, you won't need a pony for a majority of your dives. Second, have you practiced diving with a set up like this? Dive a while and enjoy things before you start adding all this extra equipment. You'll find you really don't need a lot of it.

I'm curious if you are diving with people who are similarly configured.

I've personally got a bit of a hard time figuring out exactly what you are trying to achieve. If you are donating your primary and switching to your combo unit, I understand that.

I understand why you'd want extra air.

I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding why you'd want a pony you can hand off but want the reg for it bungeed under your chin.

Even if it makes sense to you, will it make sense to other divers in an emergency?

jeckyll- i would mention this to my buddy in the briefing prior to the dive.
also in an emergency i would donate my pony bottle from the beggining
then if the person wants to bolt to the surface they are welcome to, will have plenty of air, keep their airways open, might get bent, and leave me safely behind to make a proper acent. the reason i did not completly get rid of a second reg on my main rig is if another OOA diver needed air
i can then donate my primary
i know i cant be prepared for everything but this would cover just about most cases.
and if nobody need extra air, i have a independent backup, and if its the last dive of the day, i get to practice useing the pony.

also this maked it extreamly easy to ditch the entire rig except the pony and still reach the surface IF somehow it got tangled up bad enough that i couldnt get it undone with the amount of gas i had left
(when i have to switch to pony i switch to getting to the surface too)

feel free to ask anymore question or pm me if you would like

H2Andy:
i think it would work better if you route the hose under your right arm, across your chest, over the back of your neck, and into your mouth.

you can tuck the excess hose into your belt or cummerbund.

Andy...Are you TDI:)

paintsnow:
jeckyll- i would mention this to my buddy in the briefing prior to the dive......

feel free to ask anymore question or pm me if you would like

Naww, that's ok.

If it makes you happy, go nuts.

Since you wish to be able to hand off the pony, I would avoid having its 2nd stage bungeed around my neck. Why not just tie a bolt snap to it, route the hose under your arm & clip the 2nd stage to your right shoulder D ring?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom