Hotel Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really didn't like Hotel Cozumel (and believe me I am not that picky). The beds weren't comfortable and the food was pretty basic and repetitive. I normally love staying at AI's but in Cozumel there are just so many great food options and small but amazing restaurants that AI makes no sense.

We have only stayed at HC so can't speak to the other hotels on the island but it meets our needs: clean, good ac, food ok, nice pool, wifi, nice beach lunch restaurant, lockers, pier pickup, near town = good value......

We're headed to Coz the week before Xmas....will be our 7th trip and the 3rd time staying at Hotel Coz.

$600 for 7 nights on the Bed & Breakfast Plan.

Not partial to the concrete beds, but the breakfasts are good and we like eating dinners in town.

Also like choosing my own dive op.....and Jeremy picks up at HC :)

I stayed there with my son in July. Approximately $900 each for one week AI including one week of diving with the "house" dive shop Paradise Divers. That was two morning and one afternoon dive each day. 15 dives for the week. Rooms were clean, food was hot and plentiful, and drinks were included.

Negatives:

The rooms are 3 star out of 5. Nothing fancy. Beds a little hard. Clean. Balcony nice for drying gear.

Food- tolerable. You won't go hungry. Lots of repurposed food. Breakfast is best meal but show up early (6:30) to get your omelette.

Service- friendly, but spotty when ordering free drinks. Give the waiter a tip in advance and tell him another one is waiting when you're done, provided your glass doesn't go empty.

Summary: I'd stay there and pay for the AI even if I ate dinner in town. It's only $200 extra for AI, the convenience of AI for breakfast, well drinks, and lunch is worth it.

I stayed there with my son in July. Approximately $900 each for one week AI including one week of diving with the "house" dive shop Paradise Divers. That was two morning and one afternoon dive each day. 15 dives for the week. Rooms were clean, food was hot and plentiful, and drinks were included.

Negatives:

The rooms are 3 star out of 5. Nothing fancy. Beds a little hard. Clean. Balcony nice for drying gear.

Food- tolerable. You won't go hungry. Lots of repurposed food. Breakfast is best meal but show up early (6:30) to get your omelette.

Service- friendly, but spotty when ordering free drinks. Give the waiter a tip in advance and tell him another one is waiting when you're done, provided your glass doesn't go empty.

Summary: I'd stay there and pay for the AI even if I ate dinner in town. It's only $200 extra for AI, the convenience of AI for breakfast, well drinks, and lunch is worth it.

I think you pretty much summarized the reason for the popularity of the place. That's a quite a lot of value for nine hundred bucks.

Plus let's not forget the free entertainment at night. While not serious about that, what really is also a good extra is the ability to shore dive if you stay there.

We have stayed here a couple of times over the years, now we prefer the space of a condo. That being said for the price Hotel Cozumel is nice. My wife does not dive either and she enjoyed hanging by the large pool or sitting a the beach club waiting for me to be dropped off from diving. We found the beds to be about the hardest we have ever slept on in 17 or 18 trips to Mexico, if you are prepared for that it is not a big deal. If the AI is priced right it is worth it, if you are going to eat a few lunches and most dinners in town, and if you or your wife have cocktails.

Don't pay for the suite upgrade. It's not worth it at all. The outdoor spa tub fills with water that looks like urine. Not romantic, to say the least...unless you're into that kinda stuff :wink:

I heard they have new owner/operator and that the food is much better, but not sure that is true (either).

I just learned of an Orbitz discount on air & hotel together that may work...

[h=4]Save $150 on flight + hotel packages[/h] Promo code: 150VACA
Minimum stay: 4 nights
Minimum spend: $1000
Exclusions: Las Vegas, NV
Book by December 31, 2014, travel by March 31, 2015
See Save 15% Orbitz Promo Code & Promotions | Travel Coupons & Codes

You have to be careful that they don't charge your more than booking direct and ensure you get flights you like, but phoning for help is free and has worked well for me.

:cheerleader:We're staying at Royal Palm for ocean views without the price increased. It's some what close to town,hopefully, less noise. It's also a good compromise for my semi -diver buddy with the all-inclusive. On his non diving days, he can sleep in until the cruise ships wakes him up while I'm already in the water having fun.:wink: Life is too short to sleep the day away!:D

Another positive note to add about Hotel Coz -

If you plan to dive, dive, dive (like I do when I am there), the convenience of Staying at Hotel Coz with AI and diving with Dive Paradise is hard to beat. Dive lockers and fresh water showers right by the docks, food less than 200 feet away (plenty of protein and carb choices even if not gormet). And even if you do not drink alcohol (waste money on alcohol), there are plenty of other refreshments to enjoy, like pinata's, so it is easy to get your money's worth for sure.

I personally recommend speaking with Al at Bay Adventures to find great package deals - including Hotel Cozumel AI with diving. My most recent deal started at $974 for 7 nights AI, AND included 10 boat dives. I ended up extending the trip to 10 nights AI and adding lots more diving to get 23 dives - and the total cost (not including air) came to $1409. SWEET! The airfare gods were kind to me and round trip from Portland, OR came in at $472 (including taxes no less). So, less than $2K for 23 boat dives, 10 nights lodging, All Inclusive, dive gear lockers right by the docks, and an easy walk to town - good stuff Maynard!

Safe Diving!

BTW - Cozumel Invasion back in 2012 was arranged thru Al at Bay Adventures and that was a great outing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom