How are you going to spend 9/11/02?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tchil01

Reaction score
I don't plan on this being a political discussion like the last 911 thread, but who knows where it will go...

I've had a number of people ask me over the last several days what I was going to do this Wednesday. As some of you on here may recall from earlier posts, I was there that day almost a year ago. Now I am between assignements and have plenty of time to kill. Everyone keeps asking me what I am going to do Wednesday, and I have no idea. I've thought about going into the city just to be there, or maybe just head to the beach for a quiet day. I'm not sure if I could find a dive at this late date, but that could be an option too.

OK, so I'm stuck, and to tell you the truth, I propabily won't decide until that morning, but if anyone else has anything special they are doing, let me know.

Thanks
Ty

Im going upto St Pauls, they have a service there early afternoon, im going to head over to the Embassy for the minutes silence
probably going to be quite a few people at the embassy, don't know if they are going to do anything in perticular yet, guess I will see on Wednesday

Other than that, well, we shall see on wednesday I guess!

I guess a couple of things:

1) Wear red, white, and blue.

2) Since my office is 5 blocks from the White House, to be honest, I will probably worry a little :)

I am at 21st and Pennsylvania. We could do lunch, but it would have to be some place dirt cheap...that new drysuit killed me for the month...

I'll spend it working, (I teach ), watching the kids (my students), trying (?) to remember some parts, while trying to forget (?) others.
Hopefully without incident.
Mike

My local Fire Department has been trying to raise money for a thermal imaging camera. I've been considering dropping them a fairly sizeable donation.

As I didn't get to it and didn't get to it I realized wednesday would be a good day to drop off the bag 'o coin.

That's a great idea Jeff.

For myself, will be working but I think it will be a day for quiet reflection and deep thought. In the evening I'll watch some of the tributes on TV and likely cry a bit.

Tom

I'm going to work, then going diving in the evening. In my opinion, the best way to spend the day is to continue life as usual. This does not mean forgetting about, as I'm sure all our thoughts will be on the events of a year ago, but by continuing our lives as usual, we are making a statement.

"never let them see you sweat."

Back
Top Bottom