How are you going to spend 9/11/02?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will do that...I will be in basic (again) for 3 months (2 plus 1 month, infantry stuff)...I should get a few days off after that.....It would be a welcome break from Pushups...:) ..Then it will be off to Ft. Bragg, NC....for training...so, I will have to hunt up some of the NC divers....This is going to be fun...An Uncle Sam funded dive trip....

Kenny=-)

I didn't have any plans until I saw this thread. I didn't even think of doing anything different then working.
So I called up a good friend of 20 years, and her and I are going to have lunch. That's as far as I have planned ..but I'm trying to think of something else special to do also.

Be careful bro. Come back safe, ok? Oh yea, give em hell too, big time.

Tom

I'll be celebrating my 14th wedding anniversary and remembering the last 13 9/11's with the woman who has put up with me for all of them.

I just recntly came back a few months ago from a 9mos deployment with the army reserves guarding a chemical weapon depot site.It is good to be back home.

My swat team has been activated for Sept 11.We have a special ceremony in the morning remembering all those who lost there lives on that day.

After that we will be training all day preparing to be called out if we get called out.Its gonna be interresting to see what kind of callouts we will get on that day.Other than that it will be a day of training for us to help keep our community safer from the scumbags and coward terrorists.

I would also like to say that we all say a special prayer for those that lost their lives that day and for our soldiers and especially our special ops soldiers overseas in Afghaniston fighting in the front lines on the war against terrorism.Its gonna be a long battle and these are the heroic individuals fighting the battle to help keep us safe.God Bless America!!!

I am a firefighter and this day is a somber, sad, proud, day of rememberance for firefighters.

Dealing with the tragedy of others almost daily was no preperation for the events that happend that day.

One thing that most of the survivors comment on is that on their way down the stairs, they pased firefighters and other rescue personel on their way up those same stairs. several hundred brave men and women running as fast as they could into a situation that made 10,000 people run out of.

Willing to risk and give their lives for the well being of others.

And they do it every day, day in and day out.

I am not intending to take away anything from the many other 100's of heros of that day and the days that follow. There are many people to remember on this day.

I just ask that on Sept 11 you seek out a firefighter, police officer, EMT, military personel or other indavidual who puts their life on
the line daily for the well being of other. asking nothing in return.

and tell them THANK YOU!

That is what I will be doing tomorrow along with remembering those who lost their lives one year ago

The same as I treated things after last year. I refuse to let it alter my way of life. That is what those idiots want, to get attention. The more we let it bother us, the better they think they have done their jobs. Sure it is sad, and I thank those who helped, but life as usual is my plan.

Later, Hawk.

Looks like I'll spend tomorrow doing Open Water check out dives 3 & 4 for two referral students.

It has been unbelievably slow down here in Cayman for us the last week or so. Add on a bit of overcast weather, and we are seeing a dramatic drop in business. Seems a lot of people are choosing not to travel. :(

Aqua Tec:
That is a great idea. Thanks for the post.
Drew: Off the subject.. but do the cruise ships bring you any business? I'll be on one down there, in December. You can answer in a PM. Thx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom