How do you know when you're ready to got to 150m?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry

150 m: Read Rick Pyle's papers.

Rick in Sodwana a couple of weeks ago on a Coelacanth dive (105m). What a character.

Image00005.jpg

Fantastic photo. Rebreather with rolled up shirt sleeves and safari shorts ... love it. At 100 metres ... thats my kind of diver.

When you are physically and mentally prepared to do the dive and you have made progressively deeper dives to get ready for it.

or

When you are just too stupid to know any better.

Either way can work out fine or kill you on any given day. Just try to manage the risk!

The deep stop ones?
Many of your questions, at least for OC are addressed in:

Pyle, R.L. 1992. The Twilight Zone. AquaCorps: Mix. 3(1):19; and 3(1):17-21.

and

Sharkey, P. and . R.L. Pyle. 1993. The Twilight Zone: The potential, problems, and theory behind using mixed gas, surface based scuba for research diving between 200 and 500 feet. In: L.B. Cahoon (Ed.) Diving for Science...1992. Proceedings of the American Academy of Underwater Sciences Twelfth Annual Scientific Diving Symposium, American Academy of Underwater Sciences, Costa Mesa, CA. pp. 173-187.
The guy looks like a cluster F to me.
When you have a fraction of Rich's time below 150m, and are invited to present a TED talk, then you get an opinion.

Ichthyologist Richard Pyle on deep sea diving with closer circuit rebreathers and rare fish

Gee thanks for being the arbiter of opinion.

I know who he is, read some of his material. I know he's good.

Incidentally, corporations are not people, but people make up corporations. One would think you could be a bit more original with your copy-paste tag line.

Many of your questions, at least for OC are addressed in:

Pyle, R.L. 1992. The Twilight Zone. AquaCorps: Mix. 3(1):19; and 3(1):17-21.

Where can you find the Aquacorps stuff online these days?

On Topic:

No-one on the board done a 150 (metres)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom