How do you know when you're ready to got to 150m?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee thanks for being the arbiter of opinion.
Your welcome.
I know who he is, read some of his material. I know he's good.
That's nice.
Incidentally, corporations are not people,
Tell that to the U.S. Supreme Court.
but people make up corporations. One would think you could be a bit more original with your copy-paste tag line.
Just a bumper sticker I was and thought was apropos.

On Topic:

No-one on the board done a 150 (metres)?

Deepest I have been is 130m or 429ft. I was working my way up to it, but got a bit sidetracked when I had to have neck surgery.

I can't find the aquaCorps Mix article on the web, I will talk to M2 and Gene to see if we get a complete set of TechDiver and aquaCorps set up on RUBICON.

The AAUS article, which is more complete and was based on the Mix article, can be found here: AAUS_1992_22.pdf

The guy looks like a cluster F to me.

Pretty crappy comment!! Tells me alot about you as a person. Well done!!

Mr. Wart,
To get back to your original question, dive profiles vary greatly based on what your purpose of going down is.
I have been to approximately 150 metres several times between 1990 and 97 on open circuit.
I have as I stated, been to over 300 metres (1000 feet) on surface supplied closed circuit umbilical, but that does not apply here.
I would say that consistent practice with a motivated team, moving towards that goal is the safe way to do it.
You need to build your team, task loading and multitasking abilities to a point where they are second nature.

For me, the open circuit dives were usually scouts or recconaissance dives to analyse a work site before setting up saturation systems.

We dive together as teams that do this for a living for several hours a day for years. We also have massive infrastructure, not to mention a chamber on site.

It is not easy to put together a dive of that nature if your day job is not diving.

I've been reading this thread with interest over the last few days:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ad...master-im-ready-200-need-start-preparing.html

We often on this board help others find their way into Scuba, or even further into Tech, Cave, DIR or even Rebreather.

But I wonder how many have considered a dive of such a magnitude? Or indeed managed one. I ask as a few weeks back I was left sickeningly green with envy when a new acquaintance showed me his video; of himself, on the HMS Victoria
HMS Victoria (1887) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have to admit that the discussion of the actual dive was done amidst a few beers and I remember only that the bottom time was 17 minutes, I forget the deco.

But to the question in hand. has anyone on the board managed such a depth? What build up did you take in order to take this dive and how many tech dives had you done prior before thinking about attempting this?

I posted it before I'll posted it again: How do you know when you're ready to got to 150m? When you don't have to ask.

Not quite the adjectives I'd use to describe Richard Pyle ...
Rich has never been a slave to fashion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom