How do you say No to diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But this is the LSAT--it's an aptitude test (that's what the "A" used to mean, not a 'content-based' test. No one studied for it way back in the day when I took it, you just watched the clock to make sure you could answer that last bank of questions if they were bunched together. Now, it's all cramming for test-taking technique?

Diving might be just the ticket to free you from anxiety enough to help you through it. Being relaxed will serve you better than being amped-up. So, right decision, go dive...

Usually it's my wallet or the lack of time that makes me say 'no' to diving.

Anyway, DSAO and good luck on the LSAT

Hey no big deal if you don't pass it. There is a lawyer in California doing lap dances cause she got let go and can't find a job. Saw it on MSNBC. Making 500-700 a night some nights. So if you don't get it polish up the stilettos, shave whatever needs shaving, and dance! I'd do it if I thought I could make half that!

Well it was a wonderful day, even if the dives didn't go as planned. Lost buddy on first, and the second was a threesome, but one ran low on air (after carrying an anchor he found) and the other guy's primary died.. so there went those dives lol

But still a wonderful, relaxing day full of laughs and memories. Add a couple beer to finish the night off (round bought by the house!! can you tell we go there often :D), and it was a perfect day.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

nolatom - yes it is an aptitude test. But how can I exceed with it being highly timed when I am barely figuring some of the questions out with unlimited time? Obviously I need to work some more at it

hashime - I dive in the St. Lawrence river!! Morrisburg area today

The question isn't "how" you say no, its why WOULD you ever say no? Injuries and sickness are the only real reasons for me to miss diving.

Injury has been causing me to say no to a lot of diving lately ... unfortunately, it's not my injury ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

For me it is very simple to not go diving. I just replace diving with SEX!!! :)

HAHAHAH love it!! Cept im single.....

In my experience being single results in far more action than being married, but few see that equation coming till it is way too late! :no:

I sympathise with Mel. Lots of great diving in the St. Law around her. Hope you do well in the test and will probably run across you at the Eastcliffe some day.

I dive in the St. Lawrence river!! Morrisburg area today

melanie - You are SO lucky to live close to the St. Lawrence so I can understand not being able to say no to diving. I was up there last weekend and finally got to dive the Vickery, a double dip on her. A huge freighter passed as we penetrated the Vickery and it caused such a loud rumble while the water trembled....very cool! It was my third trip to the St. Lawrence and never get tired of diving it.

I've never dived the wrecks on Canadian side of the St. Lawrence but will the next time I'm up north. :D

Back
Top Bottom