How does DEMA affect the average diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes even the pro's get focused on the DEMA they see, namely the tradeshow, but there are a few other benefits. DEMA also participates in political activism, being on the alert for area closures and/or limiting legislation to the average diver. Also, DEMA has been an active supporter of S2R, and many divers have dove the wrecks they assisted in sinking.

Regarding trade shows, I like at least a few days of viewing without competing with consumers. I like to pay attention to the smaller, more innovative companies to find cool new stuff. It gives me a chance to do side by side comparison from one manufacture/supplier to another, this translates to (in theory) better value at the retail level. The ability to network with people who talk about the pros and cons of each vendor. Some products are good quality, but the vendor may be really difficult to work with. Consumers won't know this until there is a warranty claim, don't you want that qualified ahead of time? I know I won't get this type information from the vendor, but I will from other LDS employees....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom