How does Oceanic stack up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My shop loves to deal with Oceanic because if there is an issue the answer is "a new one is on it's way, send the old one back to us". Also I think "always" recalling product is a little strong. Every auto manufacturer on the planet has regular recalls, and no one seems to bat an eye.

he wasnt asking about automobiles, Im sure that there are plenty of people who have no trouble with thier gear I have dealt with oceanic in the past and it wasnt the best ive dealt with. there are better companys.

as long as you buy and have a warrenty no worries

he wasnt asking about automobiles, Im sure that there are plenty of people who have no trouble with thier gear I have dealt with oceanic in the past and it wasnt the best ive dealt with. there are better companys.

What troubles are you having ie what equipment & what problems were they giving you????...............GEAUX TIGERS........

Oceanic has a number of problems...

They last too long!

Their regs breathe too easily... you are not sure you are under water!

They are WAY too helpful!

They are also too friendly!

They are easy to maintain (they were first with the dry valve system for the first stage).

Their computers are just toooooo dependable and easy to use.

They take the challenge out of diving! :D

i had a couple of the veo 180s go out, iwas offered an upgrade so I had to pay for new ones. the computers didnot flood it was software issues. Many of there new products are recalled, more so than any other company garunteed. I say if your getting a good deal on some gear go for it but if you are investing in new equipment, take your time and look around, personally I beleve there are better choices out there.. just my opnion though. ie. scubapro or apeks

I own 8 VEO250s for my student's gear. The ONLY issue I have had with these is when the battery dies. They are abused and since I loan my gear to two other instructors, they get a LOT of abuse. Really.

I have a couple of Oceanic regs. and have had good luck with them.

I doubt Oceanic has that many more recalls than any other company.

Oceanic has a number of problems...

They last too long!

Their regs breathe too easily... you are not sure you are under water!

They are WAY too helpful!

They are also too friendly!

They are easy to maintain (they were first with the dry valve system for the first stage).

Their computers are just toooooo dependable and easy to use.

They take the challenge out of diving! :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
Yeah we should bash them for this :D

Back
Top Bottom