How does Oceanic stack up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had excellent luck with Oceanic equipment. I really like the fact that they designe and build what the sell, they are not just another repackager.

"a new one is on it's way, send the old one back to us"

This is exact same response I've gotten as a consumer. I accidentally broke the little white light dome off my Atom2.0 in Hawaii, the computer still worked so I dove with it until it was time to send it in for service. When I sent it in I asked if they could repair that little dome. Their response response was: "No, that shouldn't have broken off that easily, send it back and we'll send you a new one. This is life support equipment and we can't afford to take any chances."

I have Oceanic regs, computer and the Excursion BC. They have all been great! I made sure I registered everything with Oceanic when I bought it all. Sadly, my 1st stage was recalled at the end of summer. However, Oceanic sent me an email, saying to check my serial number for a possible recall and sure enough, they guided me to the nearest authorized dealer and told me what to do for my free repair.

If you buy Oceanic or not, be sure to register your gear!! Could save your life!

Oceanic has a number of problems...

They last too long!

Their regs breathe too easily... you are not sure you are under water!

They are WAY too helpful!

They are also too friendly!

They are easy to maintain (they were first with the dry valve system for the first stage).

Their computers are just toooooo dependable and easy to use.

They take the challenge out of diving! :D

I agree completely.
icon14.gif
And having said all that, my next reg is going to be an Atomic. My Oceanic will go to my son who will enjoy the bejeebers out of it.

I agree completely.
icon14.gif
And having said all that, my next reg is going to be an Atomic. My Oceanic will go to my son who will enjoy the bejeebers out of it.

I believe that is what the recall on my reg was for. People were enjoying all of the bejeebers right out of them. Bring it back to the dealer and they give it a bejeeber refill :wink:

I really like the fact that they designe and build what the sell, they are not just another repackager.
Better yet, they DIVE it! :D

Very good product
AWFUL _ THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE
You'll be lucky to get a response and if you order anything directly from them - Bet you, you will never receive it even after a confirmation that they received your order!!!!!!!!!!
3 Times - 3 different items. Need I say more????????

Their response response was:........This is life support equipment and we can't afford to take any chances."
Which is exactly why virtually any regulator one might purchase will be reliable. In the event a problem or potential problem is identified there will be a recall. The manufacturers just can't afford the liability to do otherwise.

Very good product
AWFUL _ THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE
You'll be lucky to get a response and if you order anything directly from them - Bet you, you will never receive it even after a confirmation that they received your order!!!!!!!!!!
3 Times - 3 different items. Need I say more????????

I was under the impression Oceanic doesn't sell direct.

wow, thanks for all the responses! This reg would be for my soon to be wife, so i wanted it to be reliable. Besides a couple of people, looks like the conclusion is unanimous...

Back
Top Bottom