How has Leisurepros business model changed your opinion of them?

Will you still shop leisurepro?

• No I will not. There prices went to high

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may shop occasionally but not as often as I once did

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • It really wont affect my shopping at leisurepro

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • I will shop more often because I now have the option to get a warranty

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I will shop the same as always just call more then internet to try to beat MAP

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • I never shopped there and wont ever shop there anyway

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k ellis

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Seeing how Leisurepro has become an authorized dealer for scubapro how will it effect your decision to shop them?

Seeing the ONLINE bargains they once offered are now drying up what will you decide to do and state why you would make the decision.

If im shopping online, it boils down to who has what I want and who has the best price including shipping costs. My Lds will get the first crack at it though.

I'd suggest "business model changed" is a bit off. We've been authorized dealers for almost every product we sell for some time. As manufacturers make the move to allowing online dealers, we have worked with them to establish relationships. So this really is not a change in business model for us, just another vendor decided to move online.

We still price match and give an extra 5% off so technically still have the lowest prices, we have an easy to use 60 day return/120 day credit policy and more selection than a typical local dive center.

Having spent the last two weekends mystery shopping 9 different LDS's, I can confidently say in my area that we have the best selection, best prices and best customer service.

I look forward to hearing feedback from others though and if anyone shares anything actionable, I'll be sure to pass it along to my manager for consideration.

The title is "How has LP's business model changed your opinion of them?" - maybe you were looking in the index and it got truncated, as happens

I've been a regular LP customer for a few years and just about to place another order so I voted #3

The title is "How has LP's business model changed your opinion of them?" - maybe you were looking in the index and it got truncated, as happens

I've been a regular LP customer for a few years and just about to place another order so I voted #3

While acknowledging your shift of emphasis, it still suggests that something is different about their business model than was previously the case - which isn't the case, IMO. Their relationship with one supplier has changed, because that supplier changed THEIR business model. LP hasn't.

In comparison of the grey market system where LP was offering equipment models at a signifcantly lower prices with equal value LP warranties to replace the manufacturers warranty that was voided by the product being grey market. Now the manufacturers allow online sales and LP has signed on as authorized dealers. This authority comes at the cost of LP being required to sign MARP sales agreements with these manufacturers. What this means is the sale to consumers is now covered by manufacturers warranties but the manufacturer sets the sale price. So saying the LP offers the lowest price on these models is true in that now authorized dealers can't offers a lower price because the manufacturer sets that price. In the case of internet sales vs the local dive shop LP no long has the ability to offer a lower price than the LDS, what they offer is the same price. The effect it has on the consumer is lack of the choice of the same model with different pricing and warranties. In general this means a higher cost to the consumer. This may however offer a warranty with few issues to deal with.

I take issue with the entire MARP vs. MAP pricing structure. MAP only restricts the price a dealer may advertize unlike MARP which the manufacturer controls the actual selling price. These agreements are requirements of the manufacturers in order to be authorized dealers. LP carries brands on each side of this issue and it is my advise to any diver to avoid those brands with MARP sales agreements and only purchase brands with MAP agreements. This would exclude those brands that recently authorized internet sales.

Probably just the cold meds I'm on messing with my vision, thanks for helping me read
confused.gif

Easy enough to do, now that the headings don't seem to have the elipses when truncated:

LP1.jpg

LP2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom