How is this guy an instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow..... this video is like going to Home Depot to get expert advice from some guy in an orange vest on how to install a new electrical panel. This is actually worse than getting NO advice!

Koray Gerce does not appear as an instructor on the NAUI site, "Verify membership for NAUI Instructors".

How so? What bothers you about it?

I take it as entertainment myself not as "educational"
Not a fan of either host. One much more so than the other. They fall into the category I created known as Kave Kardashians. I've elaborated on it in another thread if you want to search.

I have a hard time with the "Two guys sitting around commenting on stuff they found on the internet" videos. I would be much more interested in them sharing their knowledge (whatever it may be) than sitting around criticizing someone else.

I have a hard time with the "Two guys sitting around commenting on stuff they found on the internet" videos. I would be much more interested in them sharing their knowledge (whatever it may be) than sitting around criticizing someone else.

You don't need any knowledge of anything to be a "Content creator".

Not a fan of either host. One much more so than the other. They fall into the category I created known as Kave Kardashians. I've elaborated on it in another thread if you want to search.

Kave Kardashians!! Lol, that is the funniest description I’ve heard yet.

As for the instruction, I don’t think it’s bad as long as the people in it knew what they were getting into. You’ve likely seen the military training and it’s not much different. They covered the stress part.

People are so soft. Is it dangerous? I mean I guess but that depends on what pre work they did and how they briefed this exercise. I’m very impressed by the teamwork.

Kave Kardashians!! Lol, that is the funniest description I’ve heard yet.

As for the instruction, I don’t think it’s bad as long as the people in it knew what they were getting into. You’ve likely seen the military training and it’s not much different. They covered the stress part.

People are so soft. Is it dangerous? I mean I guess but that depends on what pre work they did and how they briefed this exercise. I’m very impressed by the teamwork.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Inappropriate and unnecessary comments removed

In the military when there’s hazardous training we took proper training and steps to mitigate risk and the most basic step in that is answering the question of whether or not that risk is necessary.

And let’s say that there’s some value to what he did, at least do it to one student at a time in order to be completely in control of the so called training.

Agree with boltsnap. I work directly with a lot of highly trained tactical squad police officers as well as former/current special ops militayr guys. Those guys don't blab about the stuff they've done because it's not what you do. They rarely open up about it and usually it's in reference to things that they're not proud of that are part of their job. They would never rant about their exploits to prove a point or make themselves seem cool. Jafo's response comes off as someone trying to prove how bada-- he is, which actually leads to the opposite effect (even if his intentions were good). I appreciate anyone who's served in the military or as a first responder, but that doesn't mean the above comments are ok.
Not at all showing off. Just making the point that I’m not one of those sheltered guys that’s used to participation trophies. Despite that I think the risk for that kind of training is way off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom