How is this guy an instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not at all showing off. Just making the point that I’m not one of those sheltered guys that’s used to participation trophies. Despite that I think the risk for that kind of training is way off.
“A rich man doesn’t need to tell you he’s rich” -Neil Strauss

“A rich man doesn’t need to tell you he’s rich” -Neil Strauss
And yet everyone here boasts about how
many dives they’ve done and how tropical diving is nothing compared to cold water.

DIve talk is stupid. Not a fan. That's all I have to add.

Have to agree.

And yet everyone here boasts about how
many dives they’ve done and how tropical diving is nothing compared to cold water.

This is the subject matter of SB, not killing people and laughing while watching them die. Astronomically different matters.

I haven’t seen @grantctobin brag about his dives but even an idiot like me can see he has done probably more dives than I’ll do in my lifetime 😂

As for the instruction, I don’t think it’s bad as long as the people in it knew what they were getting into. You’ve likely seen the military training and it’s not much different. They covered the stress part.
When the military does this, there are safety divers and the instructors only mess with one student at a time, the instructor to student(undergoing the stress test) ratio is effectively > 1:1.

I watched again that video, the only thing missing is that he should have stashed a few starfishes in a hiding place, before the class.

Then after stealing their masks and closing their tanks, he should have put his ninja mask and throw starfishes at them shiruken-style …

🥷

I gotta give it to the students, they were tenacious and stuck together especially the woman.
I think there is a bit of “they don’t know it’s not normal”. Since they are student, they probably think it’s a good training for Stress and Rescue to have someone bothering you …

When the military does this, there are safety divers and the instructors only mess with one student at a time, the instructor to student(undergoing the stress test) ratio is effectively > 1:1.

I agree. 1 on 1 would be best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom