How Many BC's do You Own?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two backplates: One AL and one SS
Two wings: 30lb singles wing and 60lb doubles wing
One single-tank adapter
One 6lb weight for the single-tank adapter
Two cam-band weight pouches

So from a configuration standpoint I guess that means I own the equivalent of somewhere between 16 to 32 different BCDs depending on how you look at it.

:D

Two for me one BP/W/SS plate and Aqualung Balance.

Yes Marc in NY, but what kind of bp/w/ss plate? I mean conscientious consumers want to know.

By the way, were your avatar pics taken in some exotic locale or Beach 9th St., Brooklyn? (also an exotic locale!)

All the best,
Geoff

Brooklyn, NY

WOW, I have been reading this and hoping that my wife never ever reads my post. I started diving in Dec 2005 and bought a Zeagle Tech. I use this with doubles, I also own a Zeagle Stiletto for my warm water dives (its a year old with 0 dives, I forgot how much I hate those dives). I also bought a BC on E-bay for use in the pool. Recently I decided that I need to use a back plate and wing system (damn NAUI tech class) . I bought a OMS hog set up and a shop layover 110lb Scubapro wing set. Shortly after (almost 42 hours) his Hollis order showed up and I bought a 5? pound wing.

As for the regs....yikes. I own 3 Atomic B2's, 2 scubapro s600's, 3 Scubapro 390's and a few whatevers for the pool.

And that is just that stuff! I learned that the more time in the pool I spend with students, the more of my own pool gear I really want. So its nice to retire some of this stuff to the pool and spend some more money in the shop!

Does anyone know the number for the gear collectors anonymous hotline?

BP (DiveRite) and soft harness (Scubapro X-Tek) which have several interchangeable wings, plus a ScubaPro Classic (unused for years) and a Seaquest BCD that I keep for visitors.

OK Ill ask.. how many regs does one diver own? and while we are on the subject how many suites either dry or wet?

Two. Jacket style I started out with, and a two-bladder Oxycheq wing with steel backplate.

I don't think I've heard anyone yet say they own only ONE bc. Or for that matter one reg, very interesting.......

:popcorn:

1 Halcyon Eclipse 40 for single tank SS plate
1 Halcyon Evolve 60 SS Plate for doubles
1 Halcyon CCR Wing with 2 SS plates (stacked) for the Rebreather.
1 Halcyon 55lb Explorer wing to loan friends and students.

Regs - 8 Firsts and 7 seconds

Suits 2 DUI CF200's and a 5mm wetsuit.

Dave

Sometimes I feel like the Emelda Marcus of dive gear.

1 - SS BP/w harness
1 - AL BP/w harness
1 - Jacket for classes
2 - wings Singles - Doubles
2 - STA's heavy - light
2 - cam bands/ 1 set steel buckles - 1 set plastic buckles
4 - Regulator sets 1 for doubles(long hose) - 1 for single (long hose) - 1 for classes - 1 for deco bottle
4 - Wet suits 1mm full - 2mm shorty - 3mm full - 7mm full
1 - dry suit CLX 50/50
2 - fins Jets for heavy load - apollo splits for tropical

Don't get me started on my tanks!

Back
Top Bottom