How many of you are doing Nitrox?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are not that many courses that are really worth your time to take. Of the most valuable IMO is nitrox, buoyancy, rescue, reduced vis and navigation. Reduced vis and nav you can do on your own but pay for and take the other classes. I am in the camp of feeling less fatigue. My doctor says I may have COPD so take that in consideration. Its very possible that if you see a benefit to I,,,,t it may be an indicator of health issues. Either way the nitrox course makes you think and is a great entry point for deco and technical diving courses if that is in your future. You have so much flexibility as how to use it. set your computer to nitrox and you extend your bottom time, set your computer to air and it and you end of SI nitrogen levels are so much lower than with air. Your biggest advantage is like others have said in that it allows you longer NDL's. Think abut that when you pay 100$ each for a boat to take you on a 2 tank dive.

I recommend taking the course, if nothing else, to have a better understanding of the gas you breathe and how to understand equivalent air depth model.

As previously stated, it can extend your bottom time on mid-range dives, especially when coupled with larger capacity tanks.

Safe dives . . . . . .
. . . safer ascents !

the K

Back
Top Bottom