How much do you pay for servicing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got my 2 regs back Saturday from annual service.. Total tab $99.

Reg #1
Aqualung Legend
Aqualung ABS Octo
Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Reg#2
Apeks ATX 50
Aqualung ABS Octo
Genesis analog console

LDS took some time and gave me a lesson on 2nd stage tuning. No charge.

cerich:
The Uwatec need to go back for a battery change, even the dealer can't do it.
The whole idea with the high charge for grey market is to get people to buy from an authorized dealer, then you get free batteries for life otherwise you will pay the differnce when you need a new battery.

I think it's more likely to get them to buy from another manufacturer. And raking people for reg annuals isn't going to "teach the a lesson" but lead them to skip doing reg annuals.

TCP:
Suunto Nitrox.

...he basically said "tough luck", "its a very involved process, blah, blah, blah

The very involved process is (1) disassemble, (2) clean, (3) install new o-rings and HP seats (4) put back together and (5) adjust as needed. Not really very invovled. Still it is a hour of work if they spend the time to do everything right. So $150 including changing the computer battery is not too unreasonable.

I would be more worried about the guy charging $30. For that they either skip doing things they should or lose money each time. Not a good long term solution either way.

TCP:
I just had my regs and dive computer serviced the other day and was charged over a $150.:11: Nothing out of the ordianry was done. (New battery for computer, replace O rings, ect, etc.)

In the past, I have paid as little as $30 to have it serviced. I was just curious what some others here pay for their yearly servicing. Maybe I am mistaken, but over $150 for yearly servicing seems excessive.

Depending on the shape your gear was in, $150 is excessive. About $35 to $45 for cleaning, new seats and o-rings and adjustment plus battery replacement cost is more or less right. On the other hand, I recently had someone bring me an old Dacor Pacer so badly corroded I had to tell him he'd be well on his way to buying another reg by the time he was done paying for the service.

I know we are only talking computer service in the original post but since we are mentioning prices, I pay $39.99 for reg service in NYC for all stages, an spg check, and computer check with a little extra for new batteries for the computer if needed. That price also includes parts for my SP regs. I even get a nice little bag with all the old parts and a quick discussion about what was done. $150 is way excessive IMHO. Using the same company for 3 years now, no issues. LP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom