How much does gas cost in your neck of the woods?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Loxley, AL we are getting $179.99 for regular 87oct and $199 for supreme 93oct.

In Gretna, LA they are enjoying $165ish for regular...

chrisch:
It just makes me laugh to see people who actualy have bothered to work out they can save $3 on a tank.

Hey There Chris!
I know that gas is much more expensive in Europe than it is here. Having lived there for over 20 years, believe me... I know...my car used 28l/100KM, a far cry from the 3l car that they are wanting over there.. And saving $3 on a tank filling might not be much....if you fill once...but if you have to fill every 2 to 3 days....that would be $30-$45 a month and $360-$540 a year. To me, a nice hunk of money.....And you know what? I didn't bother to work it out...I'm a smart cookie and can see buy just looking at my receipt that I pay about 3 bucks less than usual.
Aloha,
Lisa

CBulla:
Chris - thats an easy invite: Venice Beach for me is a real cheap dive-

$6 in fuel to get to and from
$14.84 for air fills after tax
say an average of 75 minutes of bottom time, each dive.. its a shallow easy dive.

Works out to about 16.67 per dive hour, or about .277 cents a minute.

Ft Lauderdale works out to about $3.20 more per hour.

Add in the cost of all of your gear, don't forget training and all of the other little costs that go in there.

Then again, diving is not about the cost, it is about the rewards. :D

chrisch:
Hi Jon,

It just makes me laugh to see people who actualy have bothered to work out they can save $3 on a tank. That's about a liter and a half. I really do not know how much fuel I use (diesel station wagon) on 20,000 Km a year. Fuel is (according to other posts who have worked it out) about 6 dollars US a US gallon here.

That is so cheap I couldn't care less.

Chris, I'm glad we could provide some humor in your day. If you couldn't care less about the savings, good for you. It's a concern for lots of us, here and abroad. It must be nice not to be concerned or care less about such things.

gedunk:
I'm still trying to figure out why they haven't perfected the "Mr Fusion" yet so we don't have to worry about gas anymore. It seemed to work so well in the Back to the Future movies. :eyebrow:

I'll start keeping my eyes peeled for cars carrying Flux Capaciters....LOL :winky:

Petrol prices are about $1.76-2.06/gallon here.

chrisch:
Hi Jon,

Fuel tax in Europe is staggering by US standards. I really don't have a figure but the difference between your cost and ours is tax that's for sure - fuel prices are about the same world wide.

It just makes me laugh to see people who actualy have bothered to work out they can save $3 on a tank. That's about a liter and a half. I really do not know how much fuel I use (diesel station wagon) on 20,000 Km a year. Fuel is (according to other posts who have worked it out) about 6 dollars US a US gallon here.
Chris

Sounds like you need to work out a deal with the local eatery that deep fries food. Used frying oils burn just fine in a deisel if the "chunks" are filtered out first. At $6 a gallon even unused low end olive oil may be a less expensive fuel. :eyebrow:

FT

It's 2.23 for regular. I didn't look at the premium price as i drove by.

chrisch:
I liked your comment about fusion as it is the big new thing. Ford and GM are working on fuel cell technology to use hydrogen, but there isn't any. They are wasting billions on a useless technology, driven (excuse the pun) by the need to have "clean" air in cities but without any regard to CO2 emmisions.

Sorry, don't follow. There isn't any hydrogen? Useless technology?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom