How Much to Get Tech Cert'd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jesus dude. How many threads am I going to see how much money you spent on your "expedition". I don't know anything of you other than lots of money spent on one of your South Pacific expeditions, cause that's half of your posts it seems.

Just take a picture of your cock with a ruler next to and post it in it's own little thread. Then you won't have to post in every thread about how much you spent on an expedition.

You've somehow missed that he's got a Z-manifold grafted onto his junk, but the picture should fix that.

---------- Post added July 23rd, 2014 at 12:45 PM ----------

Upon reading this entire thread I have decided NOT to do any calculations whatsoever on how much i've spent on Tech. If money, time, and health permit... I will continue to dive my ass off and not look back.

Ding ding ding :)

Upon reading this entire thread I have decided NOT to do any calculations whatsoever on how much i've spent on Tech. If money, time, and health permit... I will continue to dive my ass off and not look back.

You are one of my new favorite members of SB! It's a rare bird to read through all this and see the kernel of truth hiding among mountain of chaff!

You are one of my new favorite members of SB! It's a rare bird to read through all this and see the kernel of truth hiding among mountain of chaff!

:cheers:

Jesus dude. How many threads am I going to see how much money you spent on your "expedition". I don't know anything of you other than lots of money spent on one of your South Pacific expeditions, cause that's half of your posts it seems.

Just take a picture of your cock with a ruler next to and post it in it's own little thread. Then you won't have to post in every thread about how much you spent on an expedition.
Argue & whine enough for your own limitations and sure enough they're all yours dude . . .

Palau and Truk again this Dece'14 for a month because i can.

That's enough to keep me from posting a truk trip report! Funny ****.

That's enough to keep me from posting a truk trip report! Funny ****.

Trip reports are awesome; trip reports attaching pictures are even better. Trip reports discussing costs in terms of assisting others in understanding the per-trip/per-dive costs are appreciated as helpful 100% of the time.

Trip reports with braggadocio references to cost are gauche; trip reports attaching itemized gas bills are beyond mere gaucheness and deep into giant douche territory.

The only people for whom this distinction will be in any way difficult are the kind of people who gave us the concept of nouveau-riche in the first place.

Trip reports are awesome; trip reports attaching pictures are even better. Trip reports discussing costs in terms of assisting others in understanding the per-trip/per-dive costs are appreciated as helpful 100% of the time.

Trip reports with braggadocio references to cost are gauche; trip reports attaching itemized gas bills are beyond mere gaucheness and deep into giant douche territory.

The only people for whom this distinction will be in any way difficult are the kind of people who gave us the concept of nouveau-riche in the first place.

Exactly correct. I'd love a trip,report. A trip report is very different than trying to prove your manhood.

Tech diving: If you have to ask, you can't afford it.
I hate seeing this posted. It implies that only people too stupid to have a personal budget can tech dive.

I hate seeing this posted. It implies that only people too stupid to have a personal budget can tech dive.

Would you be comfortable with an answer of, "more" ? It's a joke, man, calm down.

I don't think it's a secret that tech diving is expensive. I also don't think it's helpful to have a bunch of people throw out a lot of random numbers without context.

Anyone looking to get into it can (and will necessarily have to) look into what it's going to cost THEM and what compromises they're willing to make. My intro course was probably unnecessarily expensive as it involved transcontinental travel and two weeks of accommodation to work with the instructor of my choice. Someone who lives in the Southeast US is going to give a much lower number as they are maybe talking about getting into tech diving via the cave diving path (and not having to spend money on boats is a big variable that isn't available to most of us ocean divers).

What would be helpful to someone looking to budget for training? Probably a link to websites of instructors in the OPs area where the instructor has posted a required equipment list. Then a visit to AddHelium or DRIS or DGE to price out equipment. Then a visit to Expedia. Finally a chat with locals to find out what (if any) support there is locally for deep/tech diving so they can ascertain whether or not they'll be able to use their newfound skills or if they must travel every time they want to go. There are a lot of variables.

Tech diving costs what it costs based on you, your location, your preferences, etc. An anecdotal number isn't going to be helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom