how old is your C Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI September 2004....My name is Ben, and I'm a Noobie! hahahaha!

Carried my original 1970 YMCA cert. till it wore out. By '95 there was just a tiny bit of the center left, and Chris Sawyer Dive Center in St. Thomas laughed at me and had me go through a resort course before they would accept it. Now I keep it's replacement with a log book and not in my wallet. Probably still have that scrap of a card around here somewhere.

PADI 1990. Took the course when I was 14 so I could hang with my family while we were living in Aruba. Never got in a pool - we did all skills in the sea. Did my Rescue course there in 1991 - the only girl in the class with a bunch of my dad's coworkers.

I see I'm still a mere babe in scuba years compared to some of y'all!

Got certified as soon as i could afford it and never looked back.

Naui 1979. Jim Hicks (formerly Naui exec) owned the LDS and Jed Livingstone ( who I think is a Naui exec today) was one of our instructors. Trudged up and down the hills in Laguna to venture out thru the surf. Now that we're grown up (over 60) we go to warm water places

JKSteger:
I don't know the date but one of our LDS owners here in Atlanta holds the YMCA Instructor #1 card! He is an old man but has alot of sound advice. His name is George Krasle. His website is at http://www.divingworldusa.com .

He has a mueseum in his dive shop and Georgia's first hyperberic chamber in his store too.

I have my original 2004 card...don't everyone laugh at once!

Jeremy

I was in the store today, and I think the card has 1961 on it. The museum is very impressive. Also, the hyperbaric chamber he built himself, with controls in the inside, and outside.

PADI 9/20/98, trained by Bill M. at the Underwater Connection here in good ol' Columbus. In other words, I am yet but a mere tadpole.

cheers

Billy S.

I 1st passed a NAUI class at age 12. But I didn't get a card for that, too young. The club let me dive with them, though.

My real cert was in April, 1978, with an NASDS card. It's breaking up so I don't carry it any more. Last year I had a replacement issued by SSI, who took over their records.

Back
Top Bottom