How to clean and dry gloves after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I usually just rinse with tap water and hang dry but when it gets stinky I actually just wash my stuff in a clothes washer. Then hang it dry in the laundry room while I'm drying other things so the room stays warm and everything dries out faster. Alternatively, someplace outside but not in direct sunlight, when it's warm outside. I've never needed the boot drier method, but I have had my wetsuits take a couple days to dry so...

37_3212947927274d2cf817928b5.jpg

I use a hanger like the one in the picture. Boots go on the outermost posts. Gloves go on the inner posts. Hang it up in a place with shade and ventilation. Dries in about a day.

I throw all my wearable stuff into a washer and dryer. I don't really place that much value on any of it to worry about the outcome. So long as the zippers are intact I am happy.

Ive wondered the same about my wet boots, do my feet smell that bad ? is it because i pee in my wetsuit and it runs into my booties and no amount of rinsing can clean them?
Really all you have to do is rinse them well and turn em inside out till dry, blow them up like a ballon inside out and then when dry reverse.
I wash my wetsuit and gloves , booties, in Woolite, gentle cycle in the machine if i really want t0o turn on the ladies on my next trip, never works but makes them smell nice for mixed company and if im going to store them for a while.
If you use them often and cant clean them regular and are around a lot of divers i think maybe that smell is a turn on, or maybe not.:D

soak everything in fresh water after each trip. Every third trip or so I throw in 1/2 bottle of the cheapest flavored mouthwash. Hang them up to dry. Boots and gloves take the longest (2 days). I might check into the dryer too

Back
Top Bottom