How to Sling a Pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually only the first picture was a pony...I think the other was a 'hawse.'

I never liked the idea of mounting another tank to my back, can't see it, entanglement issues, no flexibility in being able to "donate" the pony tank, or drop it to make it through a tight squeeze.

I like mine where I can see it.

You must not have checked the link in post #2 of this thread.... :D

Crap. I didn't see it either.

Alright. How to fling a pony.

post-trebuchet.jpg

Watch out what you ask for...you just might get it.

I have to say I have no idea what slinging a pony actually is, but it looks like some divers either have very creative minds and a good version of Photoshop, or just way too much time on their hands with farm animals! lol

I have to say I have no idea what slinging a pony actually is, but it looks like some divers either have very creative minds and a good version of Photoshop, or just way too much time on their hands with farm animals! lol

TMF89, Slinging a pony (or any size tank) is where you put the cylinder in a sling and snap/hang it from your harness, typically on the side under your arm.

it's connected with snap bolts for quick/easy removal and is used for redundancy, secondary air, switching to a different gas mixture, or deco gas.

Here's a pic I found of someone on another thread with their bottle slung under their arm...

100_4455.jpg

and just for humor... another pony pic also.

main.php

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom