How's the H2O temp in Brockville?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seacur was diving all day in a 3 mil. He was OK, but said he got a touch chilly near the end. If you're doing repetitive dives, it might be a good idea to go with something a littlebit heavier.

Or perhaps dry off and warm up between dives.

I was in a 2mil shorty doing surface-only yesterday, and at one point got a bit chilly. I think I'd want perhaps a bit more than 2mil at depth especially if there are going to be thermoclines. Not that I'm a complainer, or anything.

(PS The Conestoga rocks!!! I'm going to have to go back!!)

I recorded bottom temps of 70 degrees. It was a little warm on the Conestoga with my 100 weight fleece underwear & my trilam. A little chilly for no underwear on the Rothesay; but might have been ok with a hood.

No hood all weekend, and the 200 weight underwear was definately nice on the Wolfe Islander and the Comet today [63 and 64 F respectively.

Okay, I admit although I've discovered quite a tolerance for cold due to my reluctance to actually purchase thicker Neoprene, STILL mid-sixties temps would cause my blood to coagulate............

Spectre once bubbled...
I recorded bottom temps of 70 degrees. It was a little warm on the Conestoga with my 100 weight fleece underwear & my trilam. A little chilly for no underwear on the Rothesay; but might have been ok with a hood.

No hood all weekend, and the 200 weight underwear was definately nice on the Wolfe Islander and the Comet today [63 and 64 F respectively.

I noticed a lot of locals diving dry, but I missed diving in a 3/2. I haven't had it on since January in Mexico and as it turned out the yellow on it was kinda handy in the silty water. I wasn't cold at all on either dive, but they weren't long dives. I was tired at the end of the day, but that may have more to do with my advanced years and sleeping on the ground than cool water.

JohnF

Actually had to put a jersey on over my t-shirt (wearing Gates Drysuit) - I didn't want to be distracted while bowling, bike riding and imitating Donald Duck on the Wolf Islander air pocket.

Temp. was 64 oF but there is a chilly thermocline if you drop into the mud inspecting the prop - didn't catch the temp. there but most of the fun is higher on the wreck anyway. Max depth 70 ft, viz 20 ft (was stormy earlier in the week, 1- 1.5 metre chop this weekend).

...maybe we should have had the Scubaboard gathering in the Wolf Islander cabin...I get the impression most of us were there Sunday!

At the Keystorm it was 69F, and at the Kinghorn a balmy 70F.

Viz was the pits as a weather front was going through, but I enjoyed the dives.

DivingGal once bubbled...
Viz was the pits as a weather front was going through....

I was out on a 22 ft boat somewhere between Wolfe Island and Portsmouth when we saw that weather front coming in (actually I was the one who spotted it).

It was wild for a bit - a lot of fun though for those not prone to seasickness. I had actually considered doing a little snorkelling after the sail but upon arrival back at dock I noticed the viz even in the shallows was nothing to get excited over.

Looking back in my log I noted doing the Keystorm a few years back in 7mm johns of a two piece suit and a lycra skin for arm protection. Didn't have the budget to buy another suit. 7mm two piece was way too warm for a recorded 70 degree temp on my Suunto Viper, thus the compromise. The afternoon dive I ditched the johns and dove in just the skin, recorded temp 72 degrees.
:wacko: I must be getting old....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom