Hurricane? Are You Doing Anything?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That looks like it is heading right for you Catherine, time to get some Dinty-Moore stew and water.

You have a jealous home, Leesa??? :D I think you meant jalousie... :D

Having been through my share of canes, best of luck to you!

we could lose INTERNET!

Catherine,

If you have a hurricane, I expect to see those incredible pictures that you always display. Don't let a little thing with a catastrophic natural disaster stop your photographic ability.

(I love her photos!! Makes me want to visit Hawaii!)

catherine96821:
So...

time to stock up?

I have the dried rice, stuff like that....no radio.

Get a cheapo $10 transitor radio that runs on batteries. It's nice to know what's going on, where they're passing out ice, and wonder why you are in the 25% group when they announce that 75% of the power is back on.

Don't forget to fill up the cars, gas stations don't work without power

Don't let a little thing with a catastrophic natural disaster stop your photographic ability.

You're so nice! thank you.
want to visit Hawaii!)
...any time chica, we will take care of you
where they're passing out ice, and wonder why you are in the 25% group when they announce that 75% of the power is back on.
My folks have a place in Punta Gorda, if you know where that is...they were hit very hard! Finding contractors was impossible. This place, would have zero for a long time, we already can't find anybody to fix anything. Then my sister and I were in Port Charlotte with my 100 year old Nana at the hospice house and had to evacuate. All the cars had animal carriers on top, generators, bumper to bumper, it was a sight!
I guess I should plug the shore power in so the bilge pumps will work for awhile, I think there is a battery reserve for that too. ???

catherine96821:
So...

time to stock up?

I have the dried rice, stuff like that....no radio.

Flashlights: check

Water: Nope...hot water heater ???

Extra Propane for grill: tomorrow

what's the latest?

Five gallon buckets with lids are fine for toliets if you loose water and sewer. Lots of toliet paper, spare clothes in plastic bags and containers.

A firearm is always useful for protection but great for getting rid of nusiance animals that may try to hurt you and get to your food.

Lots of water. Five gallon water jugs are great.

How about a generator and enough fuel to run it for several days.

As far as duct tape goes it is completely useless in a hurricane. You need plywood from 1/2 to 5/8 inch to protect your windows and doors.

I just spent three weekends in Houston at my son's new home installing eye bolts on all the window and door facing, cutting plywood to fit and marking all the sheets with stensil letters to make it fast and easy to put up. All the plywood is stored and if a hurricane comes it won't take more than two hours to have the house buttoned up tight.

Also don't forget all your important papers. And certainly make sure that you have adequate cash on hand.

I spent a month in New Orleans policing after the aftermath of Wilma and then 10 days in Southwest Louisiana after Rita. Lots of folks were prepared but there were many more who were waiting on the goverment to help. They didn't know what to do.

NetDoc:
You have a jealous home, Leesa??? :D I think you meant jalousie... :D

Having been through my share of canes, best of luck to you!

:blush:....I'll blame it on spell check :wink:

Wow, too scary, are you frightened? Good Luck C, if you get scared come to WI, we never have anything happen here. You coud die from boredom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom