I am now a U.S. Soldier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dad learned this song when he was in the Army:

Drinking beer, drinking beer, in the field artillery, and the Army goes rolling along!

I learned this song when I was in the Navy:

Anchors aweigh my boys, anchors aweigh!
Farewell to college joys we sail at break of day!

Hopefully you will learn a great song too, and it will stay with you, all of your life. Enjoy your tour!

Congrats Amber !!!! I hope all goes well for you during and after training. I am sure your parents were VERY proud of you as are the rest of us. Best of luck with all that is thrown your way.

Stay safe.

Amber, congratulations. And thank you for helping to keep the United States safe.

underwater daphne:
i feel very safe in switzerland where no one cares for an army, not even during ww2.

Daphne,

My best friend's father is not only Swiss-born, but is old enough to remember what life was like during WWII. He is now an American citizen (and has been since the 1950's) and I can tell you he will HORRIBLY disagree with you when you say nobody in Switzerland cares for an army "even during WWII."

I don't know about now, but back then the Army was compulsory for Swiss men of his age. They didn't have a choice...the country was surrounded on 3 sides by Hitler and 1 by Mussolini. The threat of being overrun like Poland, France, Czech Republic, Holland, etc. was very real.

If Switzerland was to remain free, independent, and most importantly neutral, it would be up to people like my best friend's father to make sure it stayed that way.

You are entitled to disagree with the way America does things, but to say that nobody in your country cared for an army, even as its independence was being seriously threatened, is a slap in the face to people like my best friend's father who didn't know if he was going to survive to see age 30.

Hey Amber,

Congrates to you, even if your a lowly little army doggie. Just kidding! It is a Marine thing to poke a little fun at the Army. Good luck to you in your career in the Army and remember, you will only get back what you put in.

Paul
USMC Sgt
88-98

*this thread makes me angry, wasting my energy fighting with ppl who think differently*

Okay, i can see this thread may be going in a bad direction. Amber is proud of her achievement so lets try to keep it on that topic and leave non related political discussions off her thread.

Thx!

wstein:
Hey Amber,

Congrates to you, even if your a lowly little army doggie. Just kidding! It is a Marine thing to poke a little fun at the Army. Good luck to you in your career in the Army and remember, you will only get back what you put in.

Paul
USMC Sgt
88-98

And the Navy puts down the marines.

And the Air Force puts down the navy.

And life goes on.

you are the first that i have ever heared of having fun in that gas...sounds like you would be a good OCS canidate!!! God bless you and all who are serving and who have served!!!! woohyaa ( cant spell) :usa:

Congrats Amber. Good luck in AIT and Godspeed!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom