I am now a U.S. Soldier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gedunk:
the US Marine Corps is a department of the US Navy .... the mens department. :eyebrow:

You left that wide open brother. :wink:

As long as you freely admit your part of the Navy...

You do know of course the ARMY is the senior service?

Want to see a bunch of Navy guys get upset? Point that out to them when they are displaying flags on the quarter deck of the Naval Diving and Salvage Training center (now the joint service training center I believe...)

Deep Sea my brother!!

Hooyah to all who have served!!

Amber:
Yes, I am back. Finally :)
I graduated basic on 26 Aug and I am now at Ft. Eustis, VA for my AIT as an Apache Repairer.

Hey Amber! Sounds like you have had an excellent experience and I can't believe that I am just now reading this post... actually, I can all things considered. Congrats for making the grade of being a US Soldier!

rmediver2002:
Want to see a bunch of Navy guys get upset? Point that out to them when they are displaying flags on the quarter deck of the Naval Diving and Salvage Training center (now the joint service training center I believe...)
Never happen on my watch. My Dad retired out of the Naval Reserve a Master Chief, Hull Tech i believe. I would know better w/o any further orientation, Marine or not! :wink:

rmediver2002:
Hooyah to all who have served!!
Oh yeah and all those serving now. Semper Fi !

No really, the service flags are supposed to be displayed by seniority decending from the Stars and Stripes.

The continental Army was the frist military body formed...

underwater daphne:
i think it's great what you're doing and your post is very interesting, but aren't you scared that your president will send you off somewhere to die? or do you not mind that?

i don't mean to be rude or anything.

With all due respect, pull your head out long enough to get some fresh air.

Troops are not sent "off somewhere to die." Troops are sent to perform a mission. Sometimes dying is the result of attempting to perform that mission.

In the end, it comes down to believing that there are some things that are more valuable than your own skin and to making a commitment to protect them.

@northeastwrecks yeah whatever, we all think differently. as long as you can believe in it, do it!

Congrats Amber, i know i had tons of fun in the gas hut on my basic. Oh and with the dislocating knee thing, ummmm, having treated lots of dislocations, its fairly painfull, but you could still walk, just its really dangerous, there is a good possibility of pinching/cutting the femoral arterie, so be carefull..

I am in the Infantry in Canada, and actually I am going to Ft. Knox in march for some trainging in FIBUA, or i think Americans call it MOUT. The M249 is fun, try and get to fire the M240, so much better, i got my gunners course, noe the M249 seems like a toy to me, after firing the M240 for a month. Lets see just for fun, these are the weapons i am qualified in.
-C7 A1(Canadian version of M16 A2)
-C9(M249)
-C6(M240)
-M72(disposable AT rocket)
-Carl G(84mm relodable AT rocket launcher)
-M203 grenade launcher
-60mm mortar
-81mm mortar
-Browning 9mm high power
-M67 frag grenade

underwater daphne:
i think it's great what you're doing and your post is very interesting, but aren't you scared that your president will send you off somewhere to die? or do you not mind that?

i don't mean to be rude or anything.
As a former huey crew chief I can tell you that being sent to war never scared me........girls with tools terrified me!!Just kidding.

underwater daphne:
@northeastwrecks yeah whatever, we all think differently. as long as you can believe in it, do it!

And as long as you can sit around and cower while others protect your unfettered and absolute right to ignorance, have fun.

Congratulations Amber! Keep up the PT, it will take you farther (no pun intended) in the Army than you'd think. If you liked the M-249 SAW , you'll LOVE the Mk-19 automatic grenade launcher! Don't take the kidding from the Jarheads, Squids, and Zoomies too seriously, (they are our allies, after all)

Good Luck!

Dave in PA
(former cannoncocker/13B and MP/95B)

Back
Top Bottom