I am now a U.S. Soldier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish there was no need for armies.

Oorah Amber, godspeed to ya Army!

underwater daphne:
i feel very safe in switzerland where no one cares for an army, not even during ww2. i know swiss think differently about this than the rest of the world, so as not to start anything, i'm gonna shut up now. sorry.

Different country, different culture. US is a super power, things are definately different over here. Some good, some not so good. In any event I support those that put their life on the line for me and my country. If you were laying on the ground with RPG's flying over your head you might wish someone were coming to help :wink:

Congratulations, Amber. It sounds like you did well in basic.

I actually have very fond memories of AIT (98C) in Texas. That's was where I really started to appreciate what I had joined.

Drive On, Soldier.

Amber. Congrats. There is no more nobel calling than being a soldier. It rises above whether you are used well ( IRAQ rant self censored). It goes to humans taking care of each other and getting the job done. Good luck and God's speed.

VR

Congrats Amber, and good luck with AIT. Hopefully you can stay safe! Congrats again...

Kayla

Northeastwrecks:
I actually have very fond memories of AIT (98C) in Texas. That's was where I really started to appreciate what I had joined.

Were you at Fort Hood?

Not for AIT. I was stationed at Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo during AIT. I spent time TDY at Hood afterwards.

I'm being 100% honest here, I'm not afraid to be sent to Iraq. I'm young enough to actually WANT to go. I want to go after flight school of course, but if I go before..I go before. I didn't join to sit back safely while my battle buddies go to war. I want to be right there beside them doing what I joined up for, to serve and protect what we hold most dear.

I did have a lot of fun though. We got smoked a lot though, and that is NOT fun. But in the end, I know that being smoked 6-7 times a day, everyday :) ...is why I did so well on my pt test. Before this, I had never run more than 2 miles. And the 2 miles killed me. Now I can run 4 miles without too much trouble and I can max my 2 mile run. It sucks at the time, but it pays off in the end.

The best part of it all was seeing my parents faces on graduation day as I marched around the field. Sappy I know, but knowing how proud of me they are makes it all worth it.

I've learned a lot in basic, mostly that I can push myself farther and harder than I previously thought. I even dislocated my knee one night and I kept walking and running on it. It popped back on it's own the following day when I did a rear march. Nothing can stop the determined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom