I Believe! is PADI's New Theme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the speaker said 3.4 million-still a very impressive number 10% or so of the total US population.

Overall, number of people reached is meaningless. (You can hit 3.4mm people with two or three newspaper ads.) The important figure is number of QUALIFIED, MOTIVATABLE people are not only REACHED but actually moved to taking some sort of action.

I'm not attempting to bash PADI with this, but I'm still not sure exactly what it is they believe. You have to believe IN SOMETHING... what is it?

Perhaps it was 34+ Billion certifications......not people. Unrealistic still? Sure but maybe a LOT of people like taking Underwater Naturalist over and over because it makes them a more advanced diver :wink:

Perhaps it was 34+ Billion certifications......

I think they came up with that number based on number of snorkels sold.

I'm not attempting to bash PADI with this, but I'm still not sure exactly what it is they believe. You have to believe IN SOMETHING... what is it?

Change?

Spare Change? No matter what, it sounds like Pete drank the kool-aid :D. Not that there is anything wrong with that. After all, they DID open the bar :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom