I Believe! is PADI's New Theme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the focus on the number instead of the substance of NetDoc's post is kind of bemusing. The most interesting thing to me anyway had nothing to do with the number 34 regardless of what "illion" follows it or where the decimal place should be.

I'd suggest that the good thing is that they're doing something to promote the sport and industry. With the level of negativity prevalent these days, those of us who are determined to raise awareness, increase the number of divers (3 or 4 at a time until we get to millions or billions) and, yes, raise sales for shops, certifying agencies and, horror of horrors, maybe even on-line stores, well, we appreciate the effort.

What can you, and I, do today to recruit a diver? I believe we can all do something. And I believe I will...

Mark

I wasn't able to attend the Believe! event, but from a marketing perspective, PADI gets it better than the other dive agencies there. They had a huge presence and every person at their booth was on the same message: attract younger divers through Drop Zone, the new IDC focusing on in-store equipment sales more, Boy Scouts of America, etc. They created an Apple store-like experience where things were clean, modern, there were plenty of people to answer questions and they were proactively offering solutions to local instruction and equipment sales businesses.

Love them or hate them, they get the business of diving.

I wasn't able to attend the Believe! event, but from a marketing perspective, PADI gets it better than the other dive agencies there. They had a huge presence and every person at their booth was on the same message: attract younger divers through Drop Zone, the new IDC focusing on in-store equipment sales more, Boy Scouts of America, etc. They created an Apple store-like experience where things were clean, modern, there were plenty of people to answer questions and they were proactively offering solutions to local instruction and equipment sales businesses.

Love them or hate them, they get the business of diving.

Yet, none of those people are allowed to attend the Biggest Scuba Show of the year!

Belief is what you need when you don't have evidence for things. When there is ample evidence for things, you simply "accept" them (or don't, because reality doesn't need your acceptance).

Belief is what the guy tilting back a cup of kool-aid at Jonestown had.

As a marketer I would love to get a better understanding of how they managed to reach FIVE TIMES as many people as actually live on the planet. (6.7B people)

Welcome to the major league, rookie. :cool2:

As a marketer I would love to get a better understanding of how they managed to reach FIVE TIMES as many people as actually live on the planet. (6.7B people).......

Why limiting to this planet?

The universe is a much bigger place :D

AM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom