I bought a boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't listen to those "the day you sell it.." folks.. I have missed my boats for years and am actively looking for a new one to fill the missing void of being on the water on a near daily basis for YEARS!

CBulla:
Don't listen to those "the day you sell it.." folks.. I have missed my boats for years and am actively looking for a new one to fill the missing void of being on the water on a near daily basis for YEARS!

Congrats rebelman!!
I agree with Colin. The fun you have on the water is unique and priceless, especially if you have children. I spent all summer fixing up a humble little 15' MFG Gypsy+ tri-hull with a Johnson 60Hp o/b; and then spent all Fall having a blast out on the water with my children. We had such a great time that I took advantage of the 'off-season'* prices and bought a used 18' runabout. The hard part is making time to keep them both on the water for a few hours each week.
Now my wife wants me to sell my little MFG for some reason...:huh:

BTW, you bought at a good time of the year. Like Colin, I have been actively shopping and saw a significant drop in the avg price in mid Fall.

* There is no off-season in FL. Don't let anyone talk you out of taking your boat out because of the time of the year. Winter is just when you wear a wetsuit to ski!

Congrats on the new boat.

Have owned three 14, 18 and 28' got 2 footitis in a BIG way. Do miss it, don't miss the bills.

In my experience there is absolutely nothing on a boat that costs less than $100 - nothing - not a screw, washer, bolt not one thing!!!

Have fun

CBulla:
How about a nice 30' Century with 500 total horsepower so I can experience THE happiest day of owning it?

Tom Winters:
How about a nice 30' Century with 500 total horsepower so I can experience THE happiest day of owning it?

Way more boat than I want... its running regular gas to right? Hmmm... I want diesel, kind of trawler stylish. I love speed, but I'm also up for comfort :)

sure thing collin im gonna be excited about this for a while. it will probably take 2 or 3 months of weekends to get it the way i want it and then....dive..dive..dive...fish...lobster WOOOHOOO

Random Thought

Those that Bit*h about the cost of underwater camera gear have never owned a boat.

---Bob

Hey Reb,

That's great news. Now all your "friends" will figure out how to show up for the fun and be busy when it's time to work. Honestly, I loved boating, but now that my 2-car garage is a one-car closet, I'm content to just look at the pictures.

Enjoy it.

Cost of 75 days if chartered(used to really be 100days).Mostly spearfishing or lobstering and mostly deep.$7500 easily

Cost of DWs 50 days diving if chartered.$5000 easily

These figures are probably very conservative cause most days are 3-5 tanks and we go where few others get to.Thats $12.5k which is far less than the less than $8K I average on total payments,gas,insurance,maintenance and repairs.Figure I get 200 dives a year on avg if not 250. DW gets about 80-100 .That's about $25 a dive +fills(I buy 100 at a time)of $2-5 per dive.Now what did you non-owners pay?

BTW this doesn't include any offset for the fresh fish and loster we eat every week.
Enjoy the boat rebelman and congrats.

ScubaBOBuba:
Those that Bit*h about the cost of underwater camera gear have never owned a boat.
I've got both (17' Boston Whaler and a couple UW cameras). There's a lot in common.
Most importantly, maintain them scrupulously, and they'll work for you MOST of the time.
And both sets of repair people think "annual service" means they have a year to do it.b

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom