I bought a boat!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a lot of the cost of any maint and repair can be cut in half or better if you have the knowledge and skill to do it yourself which i just happen to have! this is not my first boat so i am aware of the costs involved. and when you calculate the whole thing up i think you will agree that owning your own is the way to go if you disagree then you aint a commin out on a me boat lol

Your so right, half the fun of a boat is doing the maintenance yourself. For me anyway. Spent many a weekend puttering without even taking it out of the boathouse.

I enjoy my boat here in Pt Charlotte, but what the others have said about maintenance is true. The more you use it, the easier the maintenance will be.

By the way, if you like doing your own work here is a good forum I can suggest:
Boating forum

I spent more time maintaining and repairing my boat than actually using it. Thus I have now experienced a very happy day... a day of selling. I don't mind a $45 boat charge when I want to dive! It cost me more than that in gas not even taking account the time of preparing it, rinsing it, etc..... I wish you all the luck in the world with your boat but definitely take the advice of unlimited towing from Boat US! You will not be sorry!

I second the towing service, and have used both "Boat US" and "Seatow." Boat US has varying degress of coverage, while Seatow is one price for unlimited. If you go far offshore at all Seatow is the better option.

i have ordered the parts for my boat and it should be up and running in 2 weeks woo hoo

its in orlando

slight setback i need a new floor but i can do that myself also

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom