I bought a drysuit today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations Kristina! I knew you'd give in eventually. Though I'm sure it'll be a bit of an adjustment at first, it will be well worth it.

I'm looking around for a used drysuit myself. With all this winter time rain, I have little desire to go diving in Monterey in a wetsuit...

There ought to be a line on that graph indicating how well you THINK you know how to use your suit. It starts out low, goes up a ways and peaks around 12-15 dives, where you think you've got it nailed, then dips way back down as you realize that you still have a lot of learning to do, and finally begins to creep its way back upward as you actually learn how to use the thing.

There ought to be a line on that graph indicating how well you THINK you know how to use your suit. It starts out low, goes up a ways and peaks around 12-15 dives, where you think you've got it nailed, then dips way back down as you realize that you still have a lot of learning to do, and finally begins to creep its way back upward as you actually learn how to use the thing.

Are there special markers for "Fundies/Essentials" and "Gideon Liew takes one good look at you"? I definitely feel like I'd need those markers... :D

Are there special markers for "Fundies/Essentials" and "Gideon Liew takes one good look at you"?

and? You can't leave us hanging like that.

Here I'll help you out

"Gideon Liew takes one good look at you"
and...
A) Keels over laughing
B) Runs away in terror
B) Quickly snaps pictures for use in the next GUE class....

and? You can't leave us hanging like that.

Here I'll help you out

and...
A) Keels over laughing
B) Runs away in terror
B) Quickly snaps pictures for use in the next GUE class....

LOL... I'm assuming there are two B's because if he does the first one, he's gonna do the second one while running! I prefer this one though...

D) Points out seemingly insignificant detail, noticed from over 10' away, which when fixed suddenly improves everything.

Gideon's great, and super-nice, but he scares me a little. :D

I still dive wet - year round. 7mm farmer john, 46 degrees Fahrenheit 2 weeks ago, but usually 50 to 55. Tried dry, went back to wet. Hundreds of jetty dives being drug over the rocks by surge just couldn't be justified in a nice drysuit. I patch up my wetsuit = butt patches, elbow patches, knee patches, until ESDS says - "no more" - we can't hold this thing together!", and then I buy a new bottle of Aquaseal myself. :)

I always do that second dive - but I have to admit that I try to work up a sweat and actually achieve it. The hard part is after the dives. I put tarps on my truck seat and drive to the dive shop where I shiver in my swimsuit as I wash out my gear, but then I warm up as I drive home (1 1/2 hours).

I really look at this as part of cleanup after the fun. In the water, I really don't notice unless it drops below 45 degrees. However, my Instructor son will not hardly dive the cold murky Pacific NW waters after his 700 dives in the tropical Red Sea!

You will love it. Takes awhile to get used to but well worth it. Bare undergarments are excellent and hold up well. P valve has more challenges with women but is worth it from both a pain and health perspective.

Good for you!

Great idea with the dry-suit! Congrats!

I was going to mention....look into getting the She-P and a balanced p-valve...Light Monkey makes a nice one as does Halcyon :). I don't know why people talk about pain with the She-P....it peels off nicely with the Uro-bond...just don't put 5 layers on it. There is a little learning curve with it...lining it up...but any woman that dives dry...should have one. It will make the dry dives even that much better when you aren't trying to tear the suit off after a dive to go to the ladies room.

Back
Top Bottom