i did it! bought 2 VT3 AI computers. one froze already :-\

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cerich:
FOR ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL THE NEED TO PIPE IN ON EVERY COMPUTER THREAD WITH A "DIR" VIEW

Not sure if you're referring to my post, but if so then I wasn't clear. I also am a rec diver using a popular computer, I don't plan with tables, I'm perfectly happy using my atmos 2. But, I also know the kinds of events/profiles that make diving safe; very slow ascents, nice long stops, no reverse profiles, staying well hydrated, etc. Since I use the standard AL80 at rec depths, I'm rarely pushing the NDL limits on my computer, and to be honest I don't even spend much time loking at NDL. Mostly I care about depth/time/ascent rate and the N2 loading bar. (especially at the end of the dive) In other words, I use the computer as it's intended to be used. I only made my comment because there is an insidious marketing ploy that is really common in this hobby; buy this expensive (regulator/computer/whatever) because "isn't your life worth it?" and it's B.S. but it sure seems to work! This guy said he justified an AI wireless purchase due to safety, and it's simply not true that AI wireless computers add any safety to rec diving. What's more, if someone does think that his AI wirless computer is a safety item, that's an indication that he might not be totally on target when it comes to knowing what DOES increase safety in diving. You're right, we're making assumptions about someone's diving which could very well be totally false, but in my case the safety comment was entirely a response to the OPs statement.

BTW, cerich, since you work for one of the largest diving gear manufacturers, you could use this forum for promotion of your products, but you usually don't and I admire that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom