I did it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:copper: I;m looking to get into cave diving and I know about all the courses that you have to take. What I would like to know is who do y'all suggest as an instructor to start the training with. Thank you for any information.

Tyler is a good instructor, and an all around nice guy. Did I mention he is a fish?

I have a training question for Roakey, why does GOOEY standards say that you must be in shape and not smoke when several of the Gooey students that I've seen recently were chain smoking fatties?
I'm curious about the double standards.

roakey

Every one who is looking to get into cave diving knows about gue, I was looking for an across the kind of information, Im not taking any thing awy from gue they my be a great bunch of people but all the classes Ive seen them offer are so much you would have to take out a morgage on your home to just be able to go to one, not to say naything about having to be a mounk, I mean really, no smoking ,cant be over weight ,have to be in shape. What are the looking for superman.

:sharky:

Do you do any jumps and shoot side tunnels in Cave 1?

I have also wanted to persue cave diving. Out here in Los Angeles, there is no opportunity, so I will have to wait till I get some vacation time. I'm always encouraged when I hear possitive things about new cave-divers' experiences. I read the book, The Cave Divers & loved it.

I was hoping to do cavern this year, but it's most likely gonna have to wait for the economy to get better. I will stick with just instructor this year. I hear NSS-CDS is pretty free of egos, so I will probably try them. I really haven't checked out PSA either... I don't know if Hal gets into that or not. I will be doing some deep air and trimix training with him this year.

Pete,

Thanks! As far as NSS-CDS and egos, so far you are right. Everyone that I have met so far, is pretty much ego free. I have had the opprotunity to meet some of the higher ups, and the same applies for them. They teach you that an ego will get you killed, quickly.

Rogue,
I highly recommend Mark Pergram. He truly is a great instructor. Tyler Moon was suggested earlier, and I have heard nothing but praise for that guy too. One of my buddies trained all the way through Cave 2 with him. I have had the opprotunity to meet and talk to Larry Green and Bill Rennekar, and feel that they would make good instructors also. Of course, many GUE/DIR folks would not agree.

art.chick,
Make your way out to the southeast. You will be very happy you did!

Originally posted by Divesherpa
I have a training question for Roakey, why does GOOEY standards say that you must be in shape and not smoke when several of the Gooey students that I've seen recently were chain smoking fatties?
I'm curious about the double standards.
Why don't you give them a call (386.454.0820) and ask them? I was just a student. Report what you find out back here.

Even though you're a PADDY instructor I know enough not to ask you about their litigation paralysis which causes them to teach outdated methodologies. (Can’t move forward due to the fear about being sued over the way they taught things in the past).

Roak

Originally posted by NetDoc
I hear NSS-CDS is pretty free of egos, so I will probably try them.
So is GUE's training staff, but don't let me confuse you with facts.

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom