I did it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny that you mention PADDEY or however it is spelled. If you, in your infinite wisdom and mastery of diving, call Extreme Exposure (the Ultimate DIR shop) and ask for an Open Water class, guess what agency you get certified through.

Need a Hint?

I teach through PADI and a few other agencies. I don't condone everything that they do, but the students that I turn out meet standards. That is the legal point that I have to take.

Originally posted by roakey
So is GUE's training staff, but don't let me confuse you with facts. Roak

So attacked here as well... I should have seen it coming and will be sure to clear all opinions with those who believe that they are my superiors. I apologise for thinking.

It's sad, but I said nothing derogatory about any agency or person. Just that NSS-CDS was known for being ego free.

Nicely put Pete.

When you feel like you are on top of the mountain, you try to defend your position, at least, some do.

Originally posted by NetDoc
It's sad, but I said nothing derogatory about any agency or person. Just that NSS-CDS was known for being ego free.
Versus who? Your insult to GUE was transparent, Pete. I just called you on it.

Roak

Originally posted by Divesherpa
I teach through PADI and a few other agencies. I don't condone everything that they do, but the students that I turn out meet standards. That is the legal point that I have to take.
Even as an instructor if I had a question about an agency's policy I wouldn't ask you, I call the agency directly. Why would you ask a student about GUE's policies?

Please, if you were asking an honest question and it wasn't just another snipe, call GUE, get an answer and post it here.

Tell you what, I won't hold my breath.

Roak

Originally posted by roakey

Even as an instructor if I had a question about an agency's policy I wouldn't ask you, I call the agency directly. Why would you ask a student about GUE's policies?

Please, if you were asking an honest question and it wasn't just another snipe, call GUE, get an answer and post it here.

Tell you what, I won't hold my breath.

Roak

I assume that you are speaking of his comment about calling EE and asking about it. Well, let's take a look.

CONTACT EXTREME EXPOSURE:
Address and Phone Number:
15 South Main Street
High Springs, Fl 32643
(taken from www.extreme-exposure.com)

Street Address:

Global Underwater Explorers
15 South Main Street
High Springs, Fl 32643
(taken from www.gue.com)

Hmm. They look like the same place to me.

I’ve posted this on various other boards when the sniping and digs against DIR and GUE reach a certain level. Looks like that’s happened here. There’s always some new kid on the block that thinks s/he’s being cute and the insults and trolls are somehow entertaining, new and unique.

They’re not.

I, and other DIR divers in this file believe in something. We believe that DIR offers a safer, simpler and easier way to dive than the existing mainstream method of gear configuration and mental attitude.

So when we respond to questions and the incessant snipes, insults and trolls, we’re responding not because we’re stupid, but because we actually believe in something and are willing to stand behind it and debate in support of it.

The anti-DIR folks believe in nothing. You stand for nothing; you only stand AGANST something. You create nothing, contribute nothing except for the weak “personal preference” counterargument, as if spending a couple minutes on the surface being briefed on different configurations will allow you to respond to an emergency under water effectively and efficiently. You won’t. You’ll have to consciously go thorough your options rather than instinctively knowing where each and every piece of your buddy’s equipment is and how to manipulate it.

So instead of building up your position, you tear down the opposition with snipes like “these other folks don’t have egos” and “why does GUE [excuse me, it was spelled GOOEY to get in a dig] do this?”

You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him think.

Reminds me a lot of the naysayers around seatbelts in the 60s. I wonder how many people got injured, crippled and killed because folks that stood FOR nothing, but stood AGAINST seatbelts were able to sway impressionable minds?

Until you have an alternative, leave DIR alone. Not that I expect anyone to actually heed this request. When you have nothing to loose, it’s gratifying to snipe at a philosophy when you have none yourself.

Roak

Originally posted by Big James
I assume that you are speaking of his comment about calling EE and asking about it.
Huh? His question was about GUE, excuse me, GOOEY training "chain smoking fatties." I told him to call GUE and ask. I don't know where EE entered into it, but yes, they're at the same location.

I even gave him the phone number to make it easy.

Roak

I've also been following this thread. I've had some people approach me about doing a 'Cavernmania' next year. I'm hoping to find the right instructor for this, as I have for Wreckmania.
So anyway thanks for all the imput.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom