I Hit #100 in Cozumel!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats on the 100! I'll be in Coz in early April and if things go as planned I'll be doing my 100th there on my 40th B-Day. Woohoo! I don't know about the nekkid thing though, I think my gf and her sister might have a problem with that; not to mention the fish. :D

Those are some fantastic pics! I can't wait to get down there.

Woohoo! I don't know about the nekkid thing though, I think my gf and her sister might have a problem with that; not to mention the fish. :D

Shhhhhhh....don't tell anyone but diving nekkid means your bathing suit without a wetsuit....Whew!! Glad we straightened that out before your 100th dive.:wink:

The diving was truly awesome. We saw amazing sea creatures such as a nurse shark, several large sea turtles, lobsters at least 3 ft long (one would feed a family for a week), my first seahorses, octupus, numerous reef fish..the list goes on and on. The reefs were beautiful but I think my favorite was seeing the walls, ledges and swim thrus. They were so majestic they almost looked like mountains beneath the sea with tunnels within them that the guide would take you thru effortlessly as the current gently drifted you along. It was amazing how much more bottom time you could have in these conditions. I was diving depths to 98 ft and still had a bottom time on that dive of 40 minutes. That is when we spotted the nurse shark down the wall and went to investigate him. My longest dive was 61 minutes at a max depth of 60 feet and that was our night dive!! The water temp and air temp stayed a comfortable 80 degrees. It was sunny, calm seas, endless visibility...what more could you ask for!!

Sounds like a great trip! I am looking forward to my week there this summer!

Mike

The diving was truly awesome. We saw amazing sea creatures such as a nurse shark, several large sea turtles, lobsters at least 3 ft long (one would feed a family for a week), my first seahorses, octupus, numerous reef fish..the list goes on and on. The reefs were beautiful but I think my favorite was seeing the walls, ledges and swim thrus. They were so majestic they almost looked like mountains beneath the sea with tunnels within them that the guide would take you thru effortlessly as the current gently drifted you along. It was amazing how much more bottom time you could have in these conditions. I was diving depths to 98 ft and still had a bottom time on that dive of 40 minutes. That is when we spotted the nurse shark down the wall and went to investigate him. My longest dive was 61 minutes at a max depth of 60 feet and that was our night dive!! The water temp and air temp stayed a comfortable 80 degrees. It was sunny, calm seas, endless visibility...what more could you ask for!!

"what more could you ask for!!............... oh thats an easy answer. ME there with you all.. hehehe

Yay on your 100th dive. :kiss: :yeahbaby: I've been trying to move my dive numbers along, but I keep getting lazy about putting it on my log book! And looks like I finally got enough money to go to Cozumel now. :wink: The only thing left is I need a wide angle lens for the camera, the backplate, and maybe a drysuit for my local diving. :D

I use my logbook not just to log my dives but kind of like a journal. On special occasions like this I have everyone on the boat sign my log page. I also try to write down as much detail as I can about the dive. :)

Denise,
Great report. WB and I know that yall had fun. It will help my planning for cruise next Feb if I knew what the water temp was like at say 60'? 80'? Was there even a thermocline?
Howard

Back
Top Bottom