I would like to propose that the Admins Start a "What If" Scenario Category.

Should we start a "What If" Scenario Category?

• Vote Yes!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Vote No!

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Help, I've fallen and can't get up!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don't really dive anyway, I just like to bug you guys!

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife once bubbled...

What hype stories have you already put out bud?

I try not to waste other people's time. You also might want to take a "nice" pill.
As I said, there's already too much fluff here.

MD

Jackknife once bubbled...

Hype huh? I happen to be good friends with this guy, and he is a very knowledgeable responsible diver. What hype stories have you already put out bud?

Give this a chance.

OK, here's a scenario for you. You're diving on a wall at 35 metres. The bottom is effectively bottomless (300+ metres). You've just arrived at depth and notice a diver (not your buddy) start to act strangely (waving arms as if being attacked by bee's). Then he starts to sink (free fall) and nobody else notices. You're about 10m away.

Do you:

(a) wave goodbye
(b) go get him
(c) chase him until you get to 40m and then stop because you weren't trained to go any deeper
(d) none of the above, please explain.

I'll comment on this and tell you what I did in this (true) scenario in a day or so.

R..

I go and get him. Never leave someone to die. Even if you go out with him, you can still go knowing that you have a heart and a normal person.. Could you live with a "Better luck next time"?

Oh how about an accident report thread?? Something like DAN's but just from the board members. We just had a kid die in a cave over here. In a nut shell, certified on sat. 1st dive w/o instructor sun. went in a cave, brought out the next day.

With all of the new divers that do visit this board, some of the accident reports might help dismiss the, cant happen to me idea.

Feedback is typical of course the one's that are voting agains it have their reasons, but it's interesting considering that it's a categarory that would hopefully promote giving divers methods of preparation or prevention that would keep them alive, since the negative people seem to know it all are against it.

To each is own, I like to share my knowledge not harbor it. If knowledge or an experience I shared on that post saved someone's life, I would be very happy that I could make that contribution, now how American is that? Other countries right now could care less about us living, and they don't want us to be prepared. Remember what happened in 9/11? We will never forget what happened, a lot of people lost their lives that day. I personally don't like to heard about people losing their lives, whether by diving or otherwise. So what exactly is the big deal in getting this going? C'mon let's make this happen.:thumb:

Every board needs a place like Basic Scuba Discussions. The big dumping ground for amost everything else. This thread is a perfect example. And these what if type threads have been done a dozen times since I've been on the board (and that hasn't been very long.)

But what about an accident report thread?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom