I would like to propose that the Admins Start a "What If" Scenario Category.

Should we start a "What If" Scenario Category?

• Vote Yes!

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Vote No!

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Help, I've fallen and can't get up!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground!

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I don't care!

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don't really dive anyway, I just like to bug you guys!

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just finished looking through about 10 pages of Basic Scuba Discussions. I stopped after I got tired of searching what I was looking for.. I wasn't trying to be morbid, but wanted to read about scuba accidents.. I for 4 or 5...

When I joined this board, (last month) I was disappointed not to find an accident report. I think that accident reports should be added as a forum.

Luke, use the Search Feature...

What if scenarios???

What if the DIR divers played the Strokes in a game of water polo? Who would win? Would gear selection and buddy skills matter?

What if the PADI DM's got in a cage match vs the NAUI DM's but...the cage was a shark cage and no one could tag out?

What if you were river diving in Chicago during the St. Patrick's day parade, would the water look the same color as diving in the PNW?

Sorry guys...it's Friday and my brain has been rotted by the computer. It's all in good fun:eek:ut:

As a new diver, I think it would be benefical to read about others problems. The more information I can acquire before going on my next dive (whenever, wherever it is) the better partner I will be.

Also another reason to add the topic. Even in the best of conditions diving can be dangerous. If we all stick our heads in the sand and pretend that accidents never happen, no one will learn from others mistakes.

Thanks for letting me post on this subject,

joe

Why are you guys even in this forum if you don't want to share some of your "Senior Member"experiences? That's real nice now isn't it? "No, I don't want to vote, cause I dont' like sharing mommy!" :crawl:

Too much bashing, I notice that there are a lot of new divers here asking for help, and some are getting misinformed, bashed, trashed and I would obviously believe "frustrated" because of some of the answers you people are giving them. A lot of the answers are not even common sense just B.S. and not even factual! Most likely a story heard from another and passed on to be believed as fact.

Don't you guys want to help grow this sport. Were you guys aware that 25% of all the Dive Stores in the United States closed in 2002? I bet you didn't know that. No matter what some of you may think about your Dive Store and that on line is a better buy, if you don't make any attempt to support them, you will lose them. There is a trend that these stores are beginning to go by the wayside. Besides, the hands on support you get from a dive store is way better than talking to an on line rep arguing on the wrong size "mask" being sent to you. "It's a good thing we have a mask forum":bonk:

The quality of the equipment has definitely gone up, but so have the attitudes! What a joke!

Anyway, the writing's on the wall. The negative people here are some of the contributors to the many drop outs in this sport because of a bad experience, getting no direction or help from those who believe they either know it all, or know a little and are just too selfish to write it down. Sad, sad, pathetic!:banana:

Oh well, life goes on!

Jackknife once bubbled...
Why are you guys even in this forum if you don't want to share some of your "Senior Member"experiences? That's real nice now isn't it? "No, I don't want to vote, cause I dont' like sharing mommy!" :crawl:

<snip>

Easy on Jackknife. I dno't think the others are unwilling to share their experiences. People were just saying that it wasn't necessary to start anothre forum for it. Almost everbody encouraged you to start a thread about a particular scenario if that's what you want. I even went so far as to offer up a scenario to get started and you didn't respond.

If something is on your mind then by all means post a thread about it.

Maybe you need ask questions like "has anyone ever had this or that happen?" or "What's your scariest moment"

Threads like this have been posted before but nobody would try to discourage you from asking again.

R..

Jackknife once bubbled...

Too much bashing, I notice that there are a lot of new divers here asking for help, and some are getting misinformed, bashed, trashed and I would obviously believe "frustrated" because of some of the answers you people are giving them. A lot of the answers are not even common sense just B.S. and not even factual! Most likely a story heard from another and passed on to be believed as fact.

Don't you guys want to help grow this sport. Were you guys aware that 25% of all the Dive Stores in the United States closed in 2002? I bet you didn't know that. No matter what some of you may think about your Dive Store and that on line is a better buy, if you don't make any attempt to support them, you will lose them. There is a trend that these stores are beginning to go by the wayside. Besides, the hands on support you get from a dive store is way better than talking to an on line rep arguing on the wrong size "mask" being sent to you. "It's a good thing we have a mask forum":bonk:

The quality of the equipment has definitely gone up, but so have the attitudes! What a joke!

Anyway, the writing's on the wall. The negative people here are some of the contributors to the many drop outs in this sport because of a bad experience, getting no direction or help from those who believe they either know it all, or know a little and are just too selfish to write it down. Sad, sad, pathetic!:banana:

Oh well, life goes on!

I'm sorry I read your post here twice and reread the thread, what are you talking about? Every subject you've asked for has been extensively reported on, debated, discussed, and exhausted on Scubaboard. No one is hiding anything, in fact a few members would do everyone a favor by holding back an opionion or two from time to time <lol>. The main point of this thread was whether there should be a special place set aside for this type of thing. IMO- no, it belongs here in Basic Scuba Discussions where it has the greatest readership and gets the most attention by the most members. If I have missed the point of your complaint, please explain it better and enlighten me (and others)?

I think a what if section may be good... It would not take very long to find out how much traffic it generated. What if it rains this weekend and I can't dive... will be stuck on the boards... oh no.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom