IDC - Australia which one?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

edneeves

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have always valued everyone's opion on this forum so I make no hesitation in turning to you guys again.

I am moving to Australia in January 2005 and am looking for a reputable centre to do my IDC and IE when I get out there.

I know nothing and have heard little about the centre's in Australia so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Neeves

edneeves:
Hello everyone,

I have always valued everyone's opion on this forum so I make no hesitation in turning to you guys again.

I am moving to Australia in January 2005 and am looking for a reputable centre to do my IDC and IE when I get out there.

I know nothing and have heard little about the centre's in Australia so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ed Neeves

Give me a place where you will be staying... Sydney etc

I will be in Sydney to start with but have no qualms about moving up the east coast. I would rather travel and do my IDC with the best rather than compromise.

Ed.

Hi

I have not experience in Sydney but i read that Sydney has 2 good ones, Absyss which is quite good and the other i can't remember.

The IE are held in either Sydney or Gold Coast. It's more or less the instructor will ask you to perform 1 out of the 18 skills required.

What i do know clearly is, There are lots of scammers in Brisbane and some are very very cut throat. I reckon that it's safer to take your time and dive a few times with the clubs in Sydney and get the news from the members. I was in Qld and there are bad airfills, rip offs etc. BUT not all is bad, some dive shops i went to are quite ok and honest.. But avoid some...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom