IDC Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StefanB

Reaction score
Hi there,
plan to go to Koh Tao in October. Is there anyone who can give me some info about a good dive school. Has anyone heard anything about Ban on Koh Tao?
Cheers
Stefan

no offense, but this topic had been discussed tons of times in the forum. Do a search.

But anyway, planet-scuba and diveasia seems pretty well-approved by the guys around here. Buddha dive is also mentioned quite a few times.

StefanB:
Hi there,
plan to go to Koh Tao in October. Is there anyone who can give me some info about a good dive school. Has anyone heard anything about Ban on Koh Tao?
Cheers
Stefan

I did my dmt with asia divers, came back then and did the idc through them as they were so helpfull. They are tied commercially to buddha view for the idc, the idc centre is extremely good and the instructors are prob some of the best I've seen. I had a few prob's like everyone I guess and they were always happy enough to help even outside normal hours.

The course directors are Guy Corsellis (Asia Divers) and Mark sowalli (Budha View), both of whom are very easy to get on with and extremely knowledgeable.

The Buddha View/asia divers IDC has a 100% pass rate, they also guarantee that if someone fails they'll get a chance to retake without extra charge.

I did my msdt after that at asia divers and got loads of experince, they're a well run outfit and it's a great way of getting real hands on experience.

For me, themost important thing was the respect everyone in the dive community has for Guy and Mark, because of this the are able to get you a job aft the idc and / or msdt anywhere you like.

pm me if you need any details on accomodation or on the island generally.

thanks,

Greg Jenkins

Hi Stefan,
I stayed with Bans Diving on Koh Tao for a two months last year. I completed both the divemaster course and the instructor course with them. Very professional and the best facilities and location on the island! You are going to learn a lot and have a great time. Please send my regards to the Bans Team if you go there. Regards Debbie

Sorry its me again, i searched the web and found a website for doing an idc on koh tao with Bans Diving... www.amazingkohtao.com... there you can find info about diving, idc, koh tao and bans and more! See you!
Debbie

november koh tao pretty much closed as wet season storms ferrires run only occasionaly

Hi Stefan,
Asia and Buddaview are good, and so is Ban, but they run IDCs in big groups, you are in an average of 15 to 25 candidates program.
Master and Planet Scuba run smaller programs , maximum 8 candidates.
Planet is also a CDC center the only one in the Gulf of Siam and one of the 2 in Thailand.

I did my IDC with Planet last year anjd what I liked best was the friendly and helpful environment.

Good luck with your choice !!
Here is the web site:
www.planet-scuba.net

Hi there,
thanks to all of you for the replies which helped a lot. Will leave soon for Koh Tao (although the time of the year might not be the best - thanks for the hint - but it was the only dates available for me...) and feel a bid better prepared now.
Again, many thanks for your help,

Stefan

Just found this forum, an excellent way to stay in touch with fellow scuba divers and scuba professionals. I did my IDC earlier on in the year with Crystal Dive and i have to say it was an excellent course. They run IDC's on the same schedules as the other schools but with smaller groups. I was in a group of three, the previous one was five and there is always plenty of IDC Staff Instructors around to help. I ended up getting work as well which was a bonus!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom