Ideas for Emergency Assistance Plan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blue Space once bubbled...

Do Not Resuscitate?

Does that mean we get to split up his gear?:wink:

Popeye said...

I have my blood type, DNR, Organ Donor and my DAN# tattoo'd on my back.

Shouldn't it be on your chest? I'm going to be really depressed when I perform CPR, get you breathing again, roll you into the recovery position... and then discover that you're going to sue me ;-).

Cheers, Zept

Zept once bubbled...

Shouldn't it be on your chest? I'm going to be really depressed when I perform CPR, get you breathing again, roll you into the recovery position... and then discover that you're going to sue me ;-).

Cheers, Zept

It's cool, you gotta keep me pumping long enough to harvest the goods.

I might think twice about that liver...

To get back to the topic (my fault), it's good to have medical wishes known in case you're incapacitated.

DAN makes luggage tags (skip the SSN#), and dog tags that could save a trip to the tattoo parlor.

Diversauras once bubbled...
When traveling in some parts of the world we used to joke about how well baksheesh, or bribe money, greased the skids to get some seemingly impossible task done, and as often as not the bribe route was much cheaper than the legal but laboriously slow route.

I know what baksheesh means... shesh :) ... was wondering why you made the comment?

binduwavell once bubbled...

I know what baksheesh means... shesh :) ... was wondering why you made the comment?

I meant that perhaps keeping a bit of cash in the emergency kit might help at THAT moment when you most need it, cab fare or whatever. I remember a place to tape two dimes to a place in the log so that you would always have the cost of a phone call in case of an emergency.

I wasn't trying to mean anything sinister or cryptic, but your profile indicates you're travling around the world and I thought this might be a consideration.

Diversauras once bubbled...

I meant that perhaps keeping a bit of cash in the emergency kit might help at THAT moment when you most need it, cab fare or whatever. I remember a place to tape two dimes to a place in the log so that you would always have the cost of a phone call in case of an emergency.

I wasn't trying to mean anything sinister or cryptic, but your profile indicates you're travling around the world and I thought this might be a consideration.

What a great idea. So simple, so obviouse... and yet it hadn't occured to me at all... I wonder if there's a way to stop students from "borrowing" the bakshesh from the first aid kit :wink:

Thanks for the clarification!

-- Bindu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom