Ideas for Emergency Assistance Plan?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

any good emergancy action plan should include the role of each crew member or emergency personal as well as the steps each person takes in an emergency situation, when to call EMS (which injuries require EMS attention), location of medical supplies, procedures for completing incident/accident forms. Also EPA's should include staff contact information. Hope this helps. I have prepared several EPA's for lifeguards at local YMCA's.

A mono chamber is agood idea if:

1. You have the capability to transport it. Most helicopter ambulances probably can't.

2. You have a qualified chamber operator to set up and run the pressurization.

3. You don't mind the fact that you will not have access to the patient with out depressurizing the chamber which defeats the original treatment.:grad:

Zept once bubbled...

Shouldn't it be on your chest? I'm going to be really depressed when I perform CPR, get you breathing again, roll you into the recovery position... and then discover that you're going to sue me ;-).

Cheers, Zept

lmfao -- thanks for brightening my day.

binduwavell once bubbled...
We also have a mono-chamber. Any thoughts about the pros and cons of sending folks to a mono-chamber if we have a "walk-in" (is that the right term?) within 1 hour speed boat or slightly longer by helo ride???

Having been trained in the use of both the mono and multi-place chambers, I would have to say that it's a tough call, but that it depends upon your judgement of your patient's condition.

If your patient is in Type I DCS, presenting with pain, but is otherwise in good condition, the monoplace, if immediately available, might be the best choice.

If your patient is in worse shape over-all, is unconscious, or presents with obvious Type II DCS and resulting complications, the best choice might be to stabilize his or her condition and transport to the multi-place facility. I make this statement based upon the fact that the multi-place chamber will have room for an attendant, and usually a lock for supplies, if not a full-blown secondary personnel lock. Multi-place chambers are also usually attached to some kind of medical facility, and can bring that extra "firepower" to bear!

This is one of the times where you and your training as a DMT will be challenged, because, as the person on the spot, you will have to make that call!!!=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom