If money was no object what would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was being facetious regarding his post but if money was no object then yes, i would buy a rebreather. i could do that 40 minute beach dive and then 3 more after that without having to get an air fill or even switch tanks. they are a lot of maintenence but they are cool enough to be worth it

I'm very happy with all my dive gear... wouldn't change a thing. I might buy a few extras of my favorite BCD (the SP X-Tek) since they are no longer made. However, I'd put the money into more dive trips... oh, and an HD video cam, housing and lights!

scubawhiz:
..snip..
I have been researching dive gear for a while and have some thoughts on some gear, but what ideas do you have for what gear to get?​
..snip..
[/LEFT]

If you really mean money is no object.....

GOLDEN SHADOW • Length: 219'0"; Year: 1995
Saudi Arabia’s Prince Khaled also owns this rugged-looking, blue-hulled vessel, the middle sister in his Golden Fleet. She’s the logistical support yacht of the trio and has a specially designed elevator at the stern to launch Golden Eye, the ten-seat turboprop plane, as well as other craft, like a 38-foot, Fabio Buzzi-designed RIB. She’s also thoroughly outfitted for diving, complete with a decompression chamber; trained medical staff are always onhand for dives as well.
B: Campbell Shipyard, USA; N: Francis & Francis; H: Steel; E: 2/2,656-hp Deutz-MWMs

Picture at:
http://www.yachtandcrew.com/Gallery_files/golden shadow.html

I made a few mistakes in buying because of price. So lately, I've been buying to my requirements. In a regulator, I wanted a good breather at depth and a dry breather inverted as I often invert to peer under something or take a photo. I also wanted local support and service so I chose Apeks which met all of my requirements. That's how I plan to shop for everything in the future: find the item that fits my requirements even though it may be initially expensive. I save in the long run not buying equipment I don't like or use.

I think I could go pretty hog wild with camera equipment. :D

Transportation for to dive locations....
BMW roadster with trailer for all dive gear and camping gear.
Brand new deisel truck with camper in bed, with of course dive gear storage. trailer with electric compressor that uses batteries that recharge when vehicle is running.
Regal 3880 with twin deisels and rigged for diving or possibly a 4260
boston whaler 24' montauk plenty of room for 4 divers on short trips.

Dive gear
those brand new T2 atomic regs are nice
bcd...a couple set up for different scenarios
dui trilam and compressed neoprene suits
scooter

possibly get into rebreathers.

Become an instructor so I could shave the diving world with people who wanted to learn but can't afford the costs.

a house on islamorada or in the fl keys. A house on the lakes in TN.

A rancher home in the middle of the mountains that is self sufficient

mstevens:
Hmm. Based on the thread title, I was all set to answer "an island."
Or a Nice piece of land in North Florida with at least 1 First magnatude flowrate.
(Passable cavern/cave a must)
ORR....Same thing in Cancun,Mexico with at least 2 EASY entries into the Cenotes.
These maay seem like large items, But I already have most everything else I need/want.

well if money was no object I would have to get an Oroboros... or maybe a Meg.

But if we are talking open circuit - perhaps the top of the line Zeagle Flathead regulator. I have a oxycheq wing and hammerhead backplate and dont see changing that. I still love my plana avanti fins which I purchased in 1988. However I might get a VR3 color screen computer with trimix capabilities and closed circuit capabilities.

Realistically?
A mint Royal Aquamaster, with one of the new nozzles installed. A little compressor for the garage. And a Hammerhead backplate to go with my double 45s. And a nice kayak.
Amusing?
An island, or a plot of land off of the Gulf. Aqualung, the company. A 45' catamaran outfitted for blue water cruising, with an onboard compressor and a fully stocked repair bench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom