If money was no object what would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawhiz:
Your picks on on BC's, computers, regs would be greatly valued.​

Thanks,
-Steve​

BC: DSS steel and plastic backplates with hogarthian harnesses, though ideally I'd prefer a DSS "steel" plate, except in aluminium (custom made?) with sets of the DSS additional weight plates (with some modifications). For wings, I'd choose DSS torus 26 for singles and a Halcyon Evolve for doubles if I was buying now. Also, I wouldn't mind an Oxycheq travel wing for tropical rec diving. (Currently I use DSS steel plate and DSS LCD 30 wing, plus H evolve 40 for twin AL80's.)

Computers: VR3 with all the bells and whistles if I used a computer as a computer, but since I don't an Uwatec Aladin Tec (new version when it comes out) in gauge mode would do. Also a nice dive watch with depth and dive recording functions would be nice as well (maybe Citizen Aqualand or Suunto D3, but not sure). I'd also get a pocket PC with GAP-lite and maybe some other deco programs. (Currently I use an Oceanic Versa Pro computer (in gauge mode) and a Timex Helix Dive watch).

Regs: I use Dive-Rites and Salvos (good value), but I'd probably go with Apeks regs if money was no object, plus a class on how to service them and a nice set of tools. But then again if money was no object (i.e. someone else would service them), then I'd take a closer look at the Atomics as well. Also I really like the hose routing options for doubles on some of the Scubapro regs.

Note: I'd also like a rebreather...

If money were no object:
http://www.sub-find.com/newt_suit.htm

(Click on my public profile for some suggestions on gear choices. . .)

A new Buddy!

claudine-auger4.jpg

Darn, Rapidiver, I like the way you think! By the way, how much does that "model" cost? Glad to see it comes in brunette!

drbill:
Darn, Rapidiver, I like the way you think! By the way, how much does that "model" cost? Glad to see it comes in brunette!

Never mind her....I'd take the boat she's on and I could get another one of her every month.....NOt to mention having a house I could dive off of anywhere in the world...

BC: OMS harness and wings
Reg: Dual Apeks ATX 200s
Comp: Suunto D9 (i own one but would buy it again in a sec)

Cheers.

drbill:
I'd like the red-head model, please.

Better make it two.

Back
Top Bottom