If money was no object what would you buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BC: DiveRite Rec with single and double wings (bp/w)
Reg: Poseidon Xstream, rebreather
boat with double engines :)

Cost is no factor? I'd go for a Gulfstream or Learjet, a "dive jet" as it were. Paint a divers down flag on the tail, etc. Or maybe a Caravan with balloon tires - that way you could just land at the dive site/shore... Have a compressor onboard and a little crash pad in the back. Sweet.

Hey, if you're going to dream, dream big.

33" Glacier Bay power cat,

that's it for now.

catherine96821:
33" Glacier Bay power cat,

that's it for now.

Unless you're into model boats I hope you mean 33'. :wink:

hunter991:
I wouldn't get anything titanium in a reg and I would definately get DIN.

Brent

Hunter, I'm curious 'bout why no titanium? I've been using Atomics' B2... has a titanium secondary. It's lighter, stronger, more impervious to corrosion then stainless/brass (in fact, the manufacturer recommends service only every *two* years).

It breathes consistently regardless of depth (and they make an awesome integrated inflator/deflator/octo, the SSI -- I know... has nothing to do with the subject... but, I like it so much, had to plug it).

You obviously know you're equipment, so perhaps I'm missing something...

BKP:
Hunter, I'm curious 'bout why no titanium? I've been using Atomics' B2... has a titanium secondary. It's lighter, stronger, more impervious to corrosion then stainless/brass (in fact, the manufacturer recommends service only every *two* years).

It breathes consistently regardless of depth (and they make an awesome integrated inflator/deflator/octo, the SSI -- I know... has nothing to do with the subject... but, I like it so much, had to plug it).

You obviously know you're equipment, so perhaps I'm missing something...

Some divers choose not to use titanium first stages due to high pressure oxygen material compatibility concerns. This is less of an issue with second stages since they are only subjected to ~ 150 psi above ambient pressure as opposed to 3000 psi.

Realistically I would not use one for a deco reg (100% O2) but would not be concerned with recreational nitrox mixes (<40%). Atomic markets the all titanium (first and second) as being nitrox ready up to 40%.

Back
Top Bottom